Karyn McCluskey joins SPFL Board

The club has to jointly with Hearts take SPFL to task on this stupid appointment. Two of the biggest 3 clubs in the country are not represented at SPFL board level, but they see fit to appoint another Rangers-hater to join their cabal. One can only guess at her remit, but it doesnt take a genius to know we are not going to like it.

We need to 'build bridges' with the likes of hearts and other clubs to vote off the yahoo-friendly cabal running the SPFL.

The club has to jointly with Hearts take SPFL to task on this stupid appointment. Two of the biggest 3 clubs in the country are not represented at SPFL board level, but they see fit to appoint another Rangers-hater to join their cabal. One can only guess at her remit, but it doesnt take a genius to know we are not going to like it.

A) Is there a reason why people of clubs have to be on "the board" of the SPFL at all, not some unaffiliated people doing it in the best interest of the game and league-set up?

B) Why is it that Riley and Co. can stay on that board since long before 2010/11? You would expect a rotation of jobs there with other people of the clubs involved? Likewise, you would also expect not to see people with a football-related background there, i.e. not someone who roamed the floors of Parkhead a few years back. The British once were the epitome of fairness and I can't see even an iota of that up there, but lots of club-/self-interested party-members.

Why? I'm only guessing like us all but it seems like a sop appointment to the 'stop criminalising fans' brigade over the road: more understanding, less punishing, less laws.

Given we've had fans who have been affected by these laws, and since most don't care for them (I do, make no bones about it) why are we so opposed?

AS, having seen, heard and read a bit about this girls history here's my opinion. She is seen as being "respected" in her field. Her field included detaining or arresting men if a neighbour reported hearing loud voices from inside a family home. She is symptomatic of all that is wrong with this country nowadays when personal freedoms are being more and more restricted due to stupid laws being enacted by folk who live in a different world from the rest of us. If a law was passed saying you had to paint your erse green on a Thursday she would do her best to make sure it was obeyed. Think Open University student from the mid-70's and you will not be far away. I think she's been brought in so the football authorities can answer criticism from politicians that they are not answering all of footballs "problems" and is not there for our benefit. She'll do us no favours.