Club Statement: Follow with Pride

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/follow-with-pride-2/#.VtmZhSldhpU.twitter

IN light of recent ill-considered comments made by journalists and players it is perhaps timely to point out that we must all continue to Follow With Pride.

Clearly it rankles with some that we, Rangers, are still here with our history intact and the best way to protect this proud heritage is to ignore our detractors. Do not react to them and give others cause to criticise our behaviour.

Instead, Follow With Pride and deny those who cannot accept reality, or legal judgment, to examine their own mind sets.

Remember, pride is what being a Rangers fan is all about. Ours is a Club open to all and we want everyone to feel welcome when they come to Ibrox Stadium.

Launched in 2007, Follow With Pride builds on the success of our Pride over Prejudice campaign and highlights everything that is positive about Rangers – our great supporters, our tremendous work in the community and the standards we set all the way across our Club.

We are all part of the one Rangers family and each one of us has a role to play in promoting Rangers as a modern, balanced and fair Club. It is important all fans believe they are ambassadors for their Club and it is their duty to help protect and enhance Rangers’ reputation.

Celebrate the Club, its unbroken timeline, honours and achievements but do not sing any inappropriate songs. Gestures and chants which are deemed offensive should also be avoided no matter the level of provocation and while it is important to be aware Police Scotland, the SFA and SPFL can take action, remember also that this Club enforces its own code of conduct.

Fans who behave in an inappropriate manner and who bring the Club into disrepute will face punishment. They might be given lifetime or limited bans so please, let us all support Rangers in the correct way.

Let’s Follow With Pride and treat the ill-informed with the silent contempt they deserve.

"Instead, Follow With Pride and deny those who cannot accept reality, or legal judgment, to examine their own mind sets."

Is it just me or does that part not make any sense? How can you deny someone to examine their own mind set?

"Instead, Follow With Pride and deny those who cannot accept reality, or legal judgment, to examine their own mind sets."

Is it just me or does that part not make any sense? How can you deny someone to examine their own mind set?

Yeah I think "ignore" might have been better than deny.

" Clearly it rankles with some that we, Rangers, are still here with our history intact and the best way to protect this proud heritage is to ignore our detractors. "

No. Not for me. I had high hopes listening to some of the spouting done before the current b oard took power that there would be no return to Murray behaviour.

"Ignore our detractors " ? Yes, that'll teach them. :sleep:

Yeah I think "ignore" might have been better than deny.

Actually maybe not. The final part of the sentence wouldn't make sense with "ignore"

"Ignore" might be better but the last part of the sentence "to examine their own mind sets" makes no sense whichever verb you use.

Look to me like it was part of an earlier draft that has been left in by mistake. Perhaps "leave them to examine their own mind sets"?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Glad it's not just me. I get the message of the statement but it reads a bit like a post on a forum.

Fury really needs to stop posting on FF and focus on drafting statements full time.