Rangers can shock Celtic and clinch final berth at Hampden, says Neil McCann

NEIL MCCANN insists there is no reason why Rangers can’t pull off a Scottish Cup shock and overcome Old Firm rivals Celtic on Sunday.

Mark Warburton’s side return to Hampden for the second time in a week high in confidence after clinching the Championship title and Petrofac Training Cup in recent days.

The Light Blues are significant underdogs for the derby duel but fans will hope their side can put in a much improved showing from their 2-0 defeat to the Hoops last term.

And former Ibrox winger McCann believes Warburton’s side have a chance to emerge victorious and set up a final showdown with Dundee United or Hibernian.

He told Sky Sports: "I'm just so glad Rangers are back in the Premiership again and we are going to get to enjoy that occasion many times next season. This weekend is a taster of what we can expect next year.

"I think they are a lot closer in terms of where they were a couple of seasons ago.

"I said at the weekend, after watching Celtic beat Motherwell, that I believe Rangers have improved an awful lot under Mark Warburton and I'm not sure Celtic have. That is the worry that Celtic fans will have going into this match.

"By the same token, I still think they (Rangers) are vulnerable at the back and that is where Celtic hold the ace in Leigh Griffiths.

"This game is a lot closer than what it was back then and I think it could go all the way... I really do. I don't think a team will come out and blow the other away.

"If Rangers can replicate the performance they put in against Dundee in the last round, they stand a very good opportunity of winning the match.

"If Celtic play to their very best, then they probably would maybe just edge it, but Celtic have not been playing at their best and that's what puts the tie in such a perfect balance."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14419512.Rangers_can_shock_Celtic_and_clinch_final_berth_at_Hampden__says_Neil_McCann/

McCann always put his thoughts over well. I pretty much agree with everything he has said. Our defence does concern me at times and if we concede early I'll be a bit worried, however, with our attacking ability and pace I have no doubt we'll cause their defence problems.