Gersnet Forum Player of the Year: Barrie McKay

Who is your Rangers Player of the Year for season 2015/16?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Rangers Player of the Year for season 2015/16?

• Wes Foderingham
    • James Tavernier
    • Rob Kiernan
    • Danny Wilson
    • Lee Wallace
    • Andy Halliday
    • Dominic Ball
    • Jason Holt
    • Dean Shiels
    • Gedion Zelalem
    • Nicky Law
    • Harry Forrester
    • Barrie McKay
    • Billy King
    • Michael O'Halloran
    • Martyn Waghorn
    • Kenny Miller
    • Nicky Clark

We've had bursts of great play from several in our squad. But for sheer effort it has to be Wallace - a player I wanted put out the door when McCoist and similar were in charge. Some guys above have commented on the improvement in some of our players. Imo none come close to how Wallace has got better.

The fact that he hardly has to defend has made him a better player. He has actually being played as a half-back. Defending is his Achilles heel and I doubt that will have improved much. In this system and quality of opponents. If we get into Europe and he has to really defend then only then will we see any real improvement.

In saying that he has been a breath of fresh air.

I voted for Jason Holt on both polls because he was my 'unsung' hero.

'Wee' Barrie Mckay on the other-hand has been an inspiration since that first game, first goal (Peterheed?) all those dark days ago. All credit to him for sticking with the program, despite his time 'out in the cold' and the criticism for his 'bad attitude' (......where did that come from!?). Never looks/sounds like he is capable of offending anything or anyone.

Delighted that MW & SDoW recognised his talents and provided the stage that allow the 'wee man' to entertain us all season ............... it is only fitting.

When the opposition send 1,2 & 3 defenders at him and he still manages to put it in the net ......... what a pleasure to watch.

Wish the game plan included him taking a left turn to the byeline and around the fullback more often instead of cutting inside. Likewise when he does go inside & passes it off instead of shooting more with 'that' right foot.

When he's been switched to a central midfield role and scored those splendid long range efforts it makes the heart skip a beat.

The expectation as he matures, surely has no limits, IMHO. Looking forward to next season & hoping we can keep him at Ibrox for many years to come.

................ Oxley or Logan better look out.

Halliday for me.

At the start of the season a team was literally thrown together. We were & still are lacking in certain positions inc. defensive MF. To his great credit Halliday has mostly played that role which isn't his best position by a long shot. By doing so he did it for the team & deserves much praise for that IMO for the contribution he has made

Barrie McKay for me. If there is a player with a better first touch than this boy then ive yet to see him. Consistent all season yet only came to the media spotlight after helping us destroy celtic.

Barrie McKay for me. If there is a player with a better first touch than this boy then ive yet to see him. Consistent all season yet only came to the media spotlight after helping us destroy celtic.

I agree and also voted for Barrie but to be honest without Wallace he would have had it a lot tougher and vice versa. They both made each other play well.

Very interesting to note that on the main site, Wallace is in front by 9% of the vote but on the forum, that's reversed with McKay 9% in front...

Not sure what that tells us but still interesting. :D

Very interesting to note that on the main site, Wallace is in front by 9% of the vote but on the forum, that's reversed with McKay 9% in front...

Not sure what that tells us but still interesting. :D

It tells us that not everyone who voted on the forum has voted on the main site.:D