Money Brox: Rangers journey to top flight nets minnows millions

Never made a literary mistake ? Are you going to always see this as deliberate attempts to re-write history ?

As is your prerogative - but almost every journalist writes about the liquidation process the same - so you wish to ban all journalists from Ibrox on the basis of what is nothing more than pedantry ?

Again, that is your prerogative - but if we did then we would look to be very, very petty.

These journos have seen it all unfold before them, for years. They know exactly what happens. They have to a man dug into details and can give you - as above - e.g. detailed accounts on how many pounds each club got, what wages a player gets, what colour their cars have, who trained them first. But here we should excuse them (ALL) on being unable to simply repeat rather simple lines such as "the club being thrown out/expulsed from the top flight" or "after OldCo went into liquidation"? And cover it with the "dignified silence" shown quite a bit contempt on here when used by the club?

To those steeped into the whole affair, i.e. us, "when the club was liquidated" tells us what the author actually means. To the man in the street and not least those few people out there who don't share that much sympathy for us, liquidated simply means "being wiped out / killed". And as it is repeated all over the place, those wanting to have a dip into our affairs, people with no clue what actually happend and happens, this reads as "new club" / "reincarnated club" or what have you. And thus I get it over here now in Germany too. Some of you may not bother that much, but pardon me if I can't stand that and will defend our club's name and stature. And I don't need a consoling pad on the back each time I do this either. By now I know your stance.

Edited by der Berliner

I have to agree. The press should "get it right" firstly when getting it wrong gives an inaccurate meaning, and secondly when it is widely used by many as propaganda to try to harm our club. Useful idiots indeed.

I've got to admit that I find today's press as whole, ridiculously stupid, arrogant, lacking in insight and possessing no self awareness. I admit to not being sure whether they are using any intelligence to doing all that deliberately as a some clever ploy to sell newspapers...

With regard to the smaller clubs good luck to them a big thanks to East Fife who erected a temporary terracing to the mystery of Stenhousemuir who seemed to have enough security to cover a U.N. state visit.

Glad I am not visiting Falkirk again this season as with their entry system about 3 hours is needed in the queue,didn't get to Dumbarton but setting of pitch scenic.

Could go on & on but it has been a "journey" right enough.

Excellent to see someone doing the analysis on what we all felt. When others talk of the 'contrition' we should feel for being victims of fraud, this should be our only response. We've packed out grounds across the country and probably done more for the smaller clubs in three years than the self serving SFA/SPFL have done in a while.

Beautifully put if I may so.