SPFL 2016/17 fixtures: Hamilton at home on first day of season

Motherwell are crying crocodile tears they weren't so concerned about their finances when they taped off half their stand and let it lay empty rather than let Bears watch their team.

I imagine that three home games for the Tims versus our one is a step too far even for Lawwell or else he would have tried it before.

If they allowed more Rangers fans in that would have helped them with their massive fine for their fans pitch invasion and assaulting our captain.....................................oh wait!

This is why it's vital to get your statements really spot on.

If the clubs had only pointed out that some clubs going to Stadium x or y 4 times and some only going twice was radically unfair and pretty much negates the basic idea of a league, they'd have an unanswerable case. But by chucking in the bit about finance, they let people mock them (quite fairly, too) and allow deflection.

Do we think there is any chance of the fixtures being ripped up and re-done?

I suppose the answer to that will be only if it doesn't look good to celtic. I can't imagine these being released without Peters approval so I'm guessing nothing will be done.

On first glance the fixtures are fairly kind to us but that may come back to bite us post-split depending on who makes the top 6, but I have this feeling that due to the moaning by the wee bitter diddy clubs the fixtures are going to be re-done and we will get a horrendous set of fixtures in the re-draft.

Given that many Bears have said they won't be attending away matches, you wonder what kind of crowds will go to a league match, Motherwell v Rangers.

With Motherwell, in May 2015 they provided a couple of added reasons for Bears not to attend.

Edited by buster.

Given that many Bears have said they won't be attending away matches, you wonder what kind of crowds will go to a league match, Motherwell v Rangers.

With Motherwell, in May 2015 they provided a couple of added reasons for Bears not to attend.

There will be Bears at all away games,full allocation I expect!

We'll sell out any allocation given to us and good luck to any bear choosing to go.

We'll sell out any allocation given to us and good luck to any bear choosing to go.

I agree that it's up to every individual whether they want to go or not but I have heard a significant number say that they don't intend to attend away games in the top tier, hence the point.

I agree that it's up to every individual whether they want to go or not but I have heard a significant number say that they don't intend to attend away games in the top tier, hence the point.

There are 4 season ticket holders and 2 waiting to buy one in our wee group. None of us will be going to any away matches.

Calls to change Old Firm Hogmanay fixture over fears

POLICE and football chiefs are involved in talks over the timing of first festive Old Firm clash since 2011.

Rangers and Celtic are due to play in one of their three scheduled fixtures next season on Hogmanay.

The full fixture list for the 2016/17 season was released yesterday with two other Old Firm games to be played on the weekend of Saturday September 11 followed by March 11.

A Police Scotland confirmed that discussions are still ongoing regarding the fixtures.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “There are ongoing discussions between Police Scotland and SPFL in regard to the date and timing of the match at the end of the year.”

It comes as calls have been made to move the Hogmanay fixture over fears it will put an extra strain on the emergency services.

The SPFL have signalled that one of the four fixtures between Celtic and Rangers will take place on Saturday, December 31 – which is a clash with Hogmanay celebrations across Scotland.

A 3pm kick-off at Rangers’ Ibrox Stadium would coincide with revellers getting ready for parties to bring in the new year.

Paul Waterson, who is chief executive of the Scottish Licensed Trade Association, said: “I think really it is the wrong day to have that game.

“It used to traditionally be around about that time, the new year, the second or just before, and I just don’t think it fits now.

“There can be problems at it and I think it should be moved.”

He added: “It will cause some problems especially in terms of resources for the police.

“Everybody is busy anyway and I think it would put undue stress on a lot of the agencies involved in it. “

Susan Jack, of Glasgow Women’s Aid said: “Over the past few years there have been links made to the Old Firm and increases in domestic abuse which I have to say the women’s organisations haven’t identified themselves.

“We have said it happens everyday.

“If people have a few drinks and are violent to their partners or children, it could be made worse maybe by the mix of Hogmanay and their team either winning or losing.”

She added: “Emergency services will be overstretched at Hogmanay without throwing that in. It seems a bit crazy.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14565757.Calls_to_change_Old_Firm_Hogmanay_fixture_over_fears/

Who is going to start Hogmany celebrations @ 15:00?,football fans are treated like criminals!