Vandals launch THIRD vile attack on the memory of the Ibrox disaster victims

100% agree with this Ian. I used to have good banter with the Jambos and Hibs guys in my work but all they want to go on about even yet is Newco this Newco that. Does my head in to be honest

Just tell them to give you 10 years, maybe even just 5, and "newco" will still have overtaken their trophy haul

Just tell them to give you 10 years, maybe even just 5, and "newco" will still have overtaken their trophy haul

I agree, it's pretty comical isn't it that the likes of hibs have nothing getter to do but obsess on this "newco" crap. A team that hasn't won a top tier league in almost 65 years want to make an arse of themselves ranting on about a supposedly brand new team who have a credible chance of winning one maybe this year and even if not likely in the next few years?

No wonder a Scottish cup win is the greatest day in their history which they're STILL obsessing over. On the first page of their biggest fan site 7 of the topics are STILL about the cup final and an 8th about "sevco". LOL

You couldn't invent this stuff and be taken seriously.

You kind of don't want to let them know how much this hurts, but even so...unbelievable.

The thing is this shouldn't be hurtful to us in particular. We're talking about people mocking the deaths of 66 people who died in a most gruesome manner having the life literally crushed out of them. That shouldn;t hurt every rational human being in the country that such a mentality exists in Scottish society?

The fan groups when they have finished squabbling should be focussing heavily on such a mentality because there is no reasonable excuse for it. Did they hear a song that drove them to mock the deaths of 66 in such a manner? THAT'S their mentality?

If so come out and openly say you're the type of people who are so mentally deranged by an archaic song that it entitles you to descend to such depths. Let the entire world know about your mentality and how cruel archaic songs are. I'm sure they will undertand. Right?

In addition, if any culprits were apprehended is this merely a run of the mill graffiti charge? Singing allegedly provocative songs is a seperate charge all on it's own but this mentality is nothing but run of the mill graffiti?

Unfortunately this sort of incident is fairly commonplace in the West of Scotland nowadays as we're seen as fair game by the underclasses of this vile wee country

Edited by RANGERRAB

Unfortunately this sort of incident is fairly commonplace in the West of Scotland nowadays as we're seen as fair game by the underclasses of this vile wee country

Who is? Anybody? Rangers supporters? Protestants in a country that isn't even actually religious? If it's the first it's such a broken sick society innocent people who died a gruesome death are mocked because of a sport?

Protestants? In a country where Church or Chapel attendance is minimal and even those who do attend largely don't even believe the fairytale and where Catholics are a huge minority? How bizarre is that?

I'm in the US which actually is truly religious to what I would call an insane degree in this day and age.

Within a few hundred yards or so of this house there is a church that gets bigger attendances than most Scottish football teams and which needs cops to direct the traffic when it's emptying out and there is another every few hundrd yards or so. Churches here are as common as corner stores or pubs in Scotland.

And yet despite their insane religiosoity there isn't this medieval mentality that shows it's face in Scotland for reasons that at root don't or shouldn't even really exist. Is it primitive mindless tribalism? If that's what it is then it's one of the most primitive societies in Western Europe with the audacity to try masquerading as enlightened.

What if someone were to paint graffiti after one of the regular middle east bomb incidents with over 100 dead at a time saying haha dead muslims keep it up. Would it get the same type of nonchalance in the media this does? Would it be a criminal offence beyond simply graffiti?