Are we far behind them?

Time to forget the SC semi. Sure we "played them off the park" but scored only twice and so did they. Anything can happen at penalties and sure enough they had a flukey miss.

So, on to the final and we all know what happened then.

So far this season they are scoring more than the opposition. Good plan, that.

Their defence is no better than ours but they take their chances better than we do. A draw would be a very good result.

Edited by Scott7

Time to forget the SC semi. Sure we "played them off the park" but scored only twice and so did they. Anything can happen at penalties and sure enough they had a flukey miss.

Are you really suggesting that the OP is 'harping on' about the SC semi? Read it again. At no point does it suggest anything other than we played well and matched them. This post is about us compared to them. What is the relevance of the SC final to this post?

So, on to the final and we all know what happened then.

So far this season they are scoring more than the opposition. Good plan, that.

Their defence is no better than ours but they take their chances better than we do. A draw would be a very good result.

But surely we have to use the semi final as some sort of measure?,we have improved our squad a lot since then,it was our biggest game of the season to judge where we are as a team,the final was a different challenge,not as big as the semi in some respects.

I must admit to have been feeling a bit doom and gloom about us going to the San Giro. Then I watched that tonight. A team that played very similar to us when we get our act together, like the SC semi final. The Israelis moved the ball quickly switching flanks constantly and Selik couldn't get a look in. Not a sniff!! 65% possession to HBS at last count. They have been shown tonight against no more than a decent side how good the really are - bang average. "Broonie back to his brilliant best" according to our hacks??? Don't make me laugh. He was woeful. 2-0 and a missed penalty!! The Selik fans over there probably missed most of it because of all those Palestinian flags they were waving obscuring their vision........no wait a minute.

I could have chosen any game we played at a very good level. Its pretty minor in relation to the actual point!!

We played some great football last season when we played at our best,I felt last season we could beat anyone on our game and I still feel that we could this season,we have still to reach that fast flowing football we played last season however I'm confident we will get there