Celtic 'recruited better than Rangers', says Murdo MacLeod

Can read on the BBC if you like - no point posting a link.

Wrong Murdo. How many Championship clubs come up and do an overhaul like Rangers did. He is too focused on the individual players. Yet are Celtics individuals that better? Sinclair was a failure for years.

The business Rangers did is nothing short of exceptional considering the circumstances. Would Celtic in 1993 have done the same levels? No It took them 2-3 years before they got challenging again.

I usually quite like Murdo, but he seems very unbalanced here and isn't looking at the bigger picture.

EDIT - Not to mention the budget difference. Celtic are playing Barcelona next week....take that into consideration.

Edited by Gribz

Similar to Scotland, I could barely recognise their starting XI if they was having lunch infront of me.

Rodgers is on a life saving job, if he was that good he would have gotten a gig in England. He did well from Swansea off of Souza and Martinez work and Suarez glorified him at Anfield yet they still conceded 50+ goals in the season Gerrard slipped.

Anything to be worried about on Saturday??? Eh no!

I think Murdo is confusing spending more with recruiting 'better'

We just came up from the Championship and there we are sitting in second spot one of only two unbeaten teams and all while still never having had a chance due to injuries for the manger to field what might be his most preferred starting 11 and all while not even playing well.

I'm pretty confident the vast majority of the league would swap places with us in an instant right now and even more so when we do begin to click and have the full squad to choose from.

I think Murdo is confusing spending more with recruiting 'better'

We just came up from the Championship and there we are sitting in second spot one of only two unbeaten teams and all while still never having had a chance due to injuries for the manger to field what might be his most preferred starting 11 and all while not even playing well.

I'm pretty confident the vast majority of the league would swap places with us in an instant right now and even more so when we do begin to click and have the full squad to choose from.

Yep that's pretty much what I was getting at. Well said (you aren't the real JFK are you? who was NOT taken out by LHW? - another thread)

Maybe Hearts last season can be looked as a decent success after coming up but at the end of the day they are Hearts and should be punching above the teams below them.

Edited by Gribz

Yep that's pretty much what I was getting at. Well said (you aren't the real JFK are you? who was NOT taken out by LHW? - another thread)

Maybe Hearts last season can be looked as a decent success after coming up but at the end of the day they are Hearts and should be punching above the teams below them.

My actual initials are indeed JFK but I have not so far taken any head shots or at least not from bullets. And I don't share any names with the one who did who isn't the original JFK my dad and before him his dad were.

Similar to Scotland, I could barely recognise their starting XI if they was having lunch infront of me.

Rodgers is on a life saving job, if he was that good he would have gotten a gig in England. He did well from Swansea off of Souza and Martinez work and Suarez glorified him at Anfield yet they still conceded 50+ goals in the season Gerrard slipped.

Anything to be worried about on Saturday??? Eh no!

Heard a rumour Brenda 'had to' take the septic job. A clause in his Liverpool pay off was that he had to be working or at least trying to get work to get his pay out. Nobody was interested in him, the clock was ticking, so he plumped for the towers. A rumour but believable.