RST Announce Major Summer Conference

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=1

Tonight on Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, Trust Media Spokesman, David Edgar revealed plans of a major summer conference for Rangers supporters.

The RST intend to organise an event attended by politicians; UEFA delegates; 'Show Racism the Red Card' reps; top Scottish businessmen; ex-players and other relevant bodies, where several important issues can be discussed and debated by every Rangers supporter.

This forum will also look to at last achieve much needed clarity with regard to the sectarianism debate. Although politicians, the authorities, footballing bodies and the media have all had their say, none have come up with genuine solutions to what is not just a football problem but a social one.

The Trust hope this conference will go some way to changing the status quo in a constructive and positive fashion whilst at the same time bringing Rangers fans together to discuss many other aspects of our great club.

More news on this exciting event will be made public at the RST Dinner this Saturday at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow.

Well done (again) to the RST - when it comes to defending Rangers and the fans, it's the only show in town. The club could do worse than employing the RST as a vehilce in tackling the press along with PR.

Cammy F

Couldn't agree more Cammy.

I was going to reply in your thread about fighting the war on two fronts but will just do so here.

The RST yet again take the lead and thankfully are trying to be pro-active with the issue rather than firefight it and be reactive.

That is the good part - that the RST have seen the need to not just try to deal with last week's events but to take the initiative and (hopefully) once and for all get all relevant parties round the table to resolve what the issues are (now if only the moronic element of our support will also take heed.....).

However, the negative is that this WONDERFUL initiative from the RST is something which should be done by the management of our club - this is a RANGERS issue first and foremost yet here we have people who are VOLUNTEERING their services to a fans group who are achieving, or at least attempting to achieve, a whole lot more than the highly paid management of our club.

Personally I think it is an absolute disgrace that the club didn't think up this initiative - and it really does make you wonder what some of them are actually doing to earn their wages.

But that won't deflect the wonderful work of the RST. Again, nothing but praise for the RST - I am glad and proud to be a lifetime member (speaking of which, Frankie, I got my interim annual report in from the share I got through RST - however, I have changed address - you don't by any chance know who I need to speak to in order to get my address changed do you ?).

The difference between the management of our club and the RST is really very simple,the RST actually care about Rangers, well done RST.

Certainly from everything you read on here and more importantly possibly, what you dont read from the club in any publications, it certainly seems to be the case

Certainly from everything you read on here and more importantly possibly, what you dont read from the club in any publications, it certainly seems to be the case

Spot on mate, at the end of the day we here fuck all from Ibrox, so it's a good job we have a representative for the fans namely RST, you would think that Rangers would be embarrassed by the work the RST do, but then again you have to care about something to be embarrassed :thup:

Guest brother426
http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=1

Tonight on Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, Trust Media Spokesman, David Edgar revealed plans of a major summer conference for Rangers supporters.

The RST intend to organise an event attended by politicians; UEFA delegates; 'Show Racism the Red Card' reps; top Scottish businessmen; ex-players and other relevant bodies, where several important issues can be discussed and debated by every Rangers supporter.

This forum will also look to at last achieve much needed clarity with regard to the sectarianism debate. Although politicians, the authorities, footballing bodies and the media have all had their say, none have come up with genuine solutions to what is not just a football problem but a social one.

The Trust hope this conference will go some way to changing the status quo in a constructive and positive fashion whilst at the same time bringing Rangers fans together to discuss many other aspects of our great club.

More news on this exciting event will be made public at the RST Dinner this Saturday at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow.

looking forward to that...its good to see us taking amore pro-active role in this whole debate around sectarianism and challenge the lazy prejudice that seems to exist in this country about Rangers and their supporters...

Well done the RST!