Daily Record apologies for false Gordon Neely story

The tims (and others) still call it the Daily Ranger...

:facepalm:

A sellik supporter of my acquaintance said to me recently, in a bar in Shawlands (in vino veritas),

"You know, the Celtic support is thick."

I declined to dispute this assertion.

A sellik supporter of my acquaintance said to me recently, in a bar in Shawlands (in vino veritas),

"You know, the Celtic support is thick."

I declined to dispute this assertion.

Remember the "clarification" season of 2009/10? You know, where the actions of a certain club led to industrial action by referees and the shipping in of foreign refs?

The season when Celtic were awarded a Scottish record 17 penalties? Yeah, that season.

Remember the "clarification" season of 2009/10? You know, where the actions of a certain club led to industrial action by referees and the shipping in of foreign refs?

The season when Celtic were awarded a Scottish record 17 penalties? Yeah, that season.

I do indeed; I recall also that Regan neglected to apprise the foreign officials of the small matter that they were in Scotland to strike break. I seem to recollect, too, that the fhilth had a referee from Luxembourg, who was not, shall we say, helpful to them, and made one or two honest mistakes.

There was much merriment about this, and about whether the fellow was a member of Grand Lodge Luxembourg. (Clearly he was, or they would have had 5 or so penalties)

I do indeed; I recall also that Regan neglected to apprise the foreign officials of the small matter that they were in Scotland to strike break. I seem to recollect, too, that the fhilth had a referee from Luxembourg, who was not, shall we say, helpful to them, and made one or two honest mistakes.

There was much merriment about this, and about whether the fellow was a member of Grand Lodge Luxembourg. (Clearly he was, or they would have had 5 or so penalties)

If not to strike break, what on Earth did Regan give them as reason?

And yes, I remember well them having a go at the foreign ref they got, having spent so long calling for foreign refs. Just hilarious - they are beyond help.

The wannabee right-on lefties were all supporting strike-breaking scabs at that. Funniest thing was that they couldn't complain as much as normal when they had a perfectly legitimate goal erroneously ruled out.

Edited by SteveC