Rangers players didn’t get poor Paul Le Guen the boot with an underhand revolt…

Levein has surprised me somewhat, post-retirement. My memory of him as a player was of a top class defender, captain of club and country, an intelligent guy, a thinker of the game. In management, I simply don't rate the guy whatsoever. It was criminal that he was handed charge of the national team, a decision which the SFA suits should have fallen on their swords for. On a personal level, he's been dead to me since his hissy fit and sinister comments after we beat his Utd side at Ibrox. You wonder if he will ever recover from Mark Kerr's backpass. I find him a rather unimpressive human being actually.

Re. this season, I have to say I rate Aberdeen higher than Hearts. Only Aberdeen can stop us getting second. If the Hearts board are serious about giving Cathro a chance, they need to give him about three years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335lUV9WGgI

One of the most shocking interviews in Scottish football. He should have been up in court on the Monday morning. Instead he was feted among fans of other clubs as "brave". Still, it's nice to know Rangers repeatedly gave him the most miserable moments of his managerial career.

4:10 for the moment the arse fell out of Dundee United FC ;)

Spain played 4-6-0 when they won the World Cup (maybe the second Euros?). The difference was that they had a philosophy and way of playing attacking football, while Levein played it to defend. Pointless.

I hated the Spain team that won the World Cup. The dullest World Cup winning side in history.

0-1

2-0

2-1

1-0

1-0

1-0

1-0

Murder to watch. I actually smiled when De Jong went through Alonso in the final, it's what I'd wanted to do to Spain the whole tournament.