C****c receive £20m bid from West Ham for Moussa Dembele

Every player that comes through with them is the next Pele. Mark Burchill, Liam Miller, Paddy McCourt, you name it. Celtic make their millions, and said players duly end up in League One in England or at some shitkicker SPL team. When was the last time a Rangers player got such treatment? Probably never in my lifetime. Even Barry Ferguson was never lauded like Scott Brown. You know, him that every EPL club was ready to fork out pyoor mullyuns for. Yet funnily enough, we seem able to win as many titles as them :rolleyes:

Edited by Norris Cole

This has annoyed me for years. After the Old Firm game, MW should've came out and singled out Barrie McKay, and put a price out there. Its what they do time and time again successfully. Just throw in, 'I thought Barrie McKay was excellent against Celtic AGAIN, you wouldn't get him for 20 million'. Its utterly baffling to me why this hasn't been done already. Say 20 million and we'll get 15 for him if his form continues. They've done it for years with the above examples and again, Armstrong was a boo boy amongst the sellick support last season and he's hit a bit of form, but they do the right thing. Not only does it put a starter price in there, it increases the boys confidence. We'll no doubt get 2 million for him this window and take it with no sell on fee. This goes back to the days of Burke released for free, Charlie Adam for 500K etc etc

Like it or not, these chaps over there have a knack of selling their price-assets to some semi-crazy EPL side for millions, whether these players have the quailty or are worth it or not.

The business chaps will check their accounts, will note about the lack of European footie beyond x-mas, a league that is deemed won, a high wage bill and some debts. They will decide if anyone will leave or not, while the p(h)apers will spin a yarn or two about how much this or that Hooped Horror is "worth". I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd player of their big squad leave soonish.

Van Dijk, Forster and Wanyama have all proven good value for money in England:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10720504/southampton-insist-50m-virgil-van-dijk-is-not-for-sale

This has annoyed me for years. After the Old Firm game, MW should've came out and singled out Barrie McKay, and put a price out there. Its what they do time and time again successfully. Just throw in, 'I thought Barrie McKay was excellent against Celtic AGAIN, you wouldn't get him for 20 million'. Its utterly baffling to me why this hasn't been done already. Say 20 million and we'll get 15 for him if his form continues. They've done it for years with the above examples and again, Armstrong was a boo boy amongst the sellick support last season and he's hit a bit of form, but they do the right thing. Not only does it put a starter price in there, it increases the boys confidence. We'll no doubt get 2 million for him this window and take it with no sell on fee. This goes back to the days of Burke released for free, Charlie Adam for 500K etc etc

Telling the media we wouldn't sell Daniel Cousin for a penny less than his £3 million minimum fee release clause is more our style. Though I think we ended up selling him for half that.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

If we were allegedly selling players for £12m or so and buying replacements for about a quarter of the price wouldn't we start asking questions ?

The truth is they don't get the fees quoted for a number of reasons.

Not really...they spend a lot of money for a Scottish club, and would be unable to afford the wages of expensive players. Which fees are wrong? Surely it's all in the accounts.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Celtic are going great guns on and off the park. But let's say Desmond gets hit by a bus. I have a feeling he is throwing money at them in a manner reminiscent of David Murray, and that if he was taken out of the equation, they might just be in a bit of trouble.

Celtic are going great guns on and off the park. But let's say Desmond gets hit by a bus. I have a feeling he is throwing money at them in a manner reminiscent of David Murray, and that if he was taken out of the equation, they might just be in a bit of trouble.

Is he? Ain't it rather the case that he's drawing 500k out each season till he closes his eyes, while the club is being financed by Co-op bank stuff, gate receipts, transfer and European income? Would have to dig up the details, but methinks they made a profit of some 180k in the year when we played them 7 times, and last year's "profit" was not much higher?

It is this Dodoo, Rossiter, and perhaps Berahino, or Murphy deal stuff that may yield us some money in the not too distant future, once these chaps make their mark for us.