Record Back Page 10/01/2017

I'm not sure what action the board need to do right now: the league is out of reach and it's more about securing second place, hopefully with a bit to spare. Right now, I just want a modest amount of spending to bring in a few players who improve the team.

We should even have money to spare - Barton's wage is freed and must have been quite high, there is the possibility that Kanjcar's wage might be being paid by insurers, and we've put another couple of players out on loan.

We desperately need to shore up the defence, find a play-maker to crack open deep and numerous defences, and a guy who can regularly put the ball in the net.

Even now we're not clear in second with Aberdeen having a game in hand and only two points behind - which I still think is not very encouraging, considering our relative spending on wages.

I can't see how a couple of young loan signings is going to help - and is contradictory to the "settled side" mantra we've been hearing.

I don't want to spend too much future income now as we'll need it later, but we could do with some modest but encouraging investment - questions are whether the board are prepared to do this, and/or whether Warburton feels he needs to spend, and/or whether he can find the right players at the right price.

Edited by calscot

I'm not sure what action the board need to do right now: the league is out of reach and it's more about securing second place, hopefully with a bit to spare. Right now, I just want a modest amount of spending to bring in a few players who improve the team.

We should even have money to spare - Barton's wage is freed and must have been quite high, there is the possibility that Kanjcar's wage might be being paid by insurers, and we've put another couple of players out on loan.

We desperately need to shore up the defence, find a play-maker to crack open deep and numerous defences, and a guy who can regularly put the ball in the net.

Even now we're not clear in second with Aberdeen having a game in hand and only two points behind - which I still think is not very encouraging, considering our relative spending on wages.

I can't see how a couple of young loan signings is going to help - and is contradictory to the "settled side" mantra we've been hearing.

I don't want to spend too much future income now as we'll need it later, but we could do with some modest but encouraging investment - questions are whether the board are prepared to do this, and/or whether Warburton feels he needs to spend, and/or whether he can find the right players at the right price.

I think you have to look where we lost the most points and that was in the beginning of the season, I think you can put that down to getting used to the style and tempo of the league. Every team drops points even Celtic will somewhere.

I think you have to look where we lost the most points and that was in the beginning of the season, I think you can put that down to getting used to the style and tempo of the league. Every team drops points even Celtic will somewhere.

I somewhat agree with you but I'm not convinced that we have improved enough and are still struggling for consistency - all the weaknesses from the beginning of the season are still evident, and we now have a long injury list.

Celtic will drop points especially through complacency, but I don't think that will be very relevant to us, except when against us and our rivals. I think they will raise their game more for us and that could negatively impact our fight for second place.

They also still seem to have that mad Celtic mindset, where I would not be surprised if they gave the likes of Aberdeen, a bit of an easy game.

I think we're really going to benefit from Hearts changing their manager (except I expect those players also to raise their game against us more than Aberdeen) so it will all be about the Dons. Form-wise they are equal with us for the last 6 and 5 games ago, but better from 4 games onward. I think we have both now played Celtic twice in the league.

I really want to see us go on a decent run where we are consistently scoring 2 or more a game and conceding 1 or less. Games where we look like we know what we're doing, and how to win.