SPFL hoping to stamp out supporter misconduct after issuing revised rule book

It is simply unbelievable that these idiots are still in charge of our game. Or perhaps not, given it's Scotland.

We all know there will be one rule for Rangers fans and another for the rest.

Something that still sticks in my craw is the travel ban we were hit with after the PSV UEFA Cup tie in 2011, when some Celtic-supporting blogger complained to UEFA over our 'sectarian chanting'. Let's be clear, there was no 'sectarian chanting' that day. We were accused of singing TBB. There was no TBB, it simply didn't happen. Furthermore, there was not a shred of evidence of 'sectarian chanting'. Yet we were convicted, fined, and banned for next season's match in Malmö. We were stitched up by a kangaroo court but hey, it's big bad Rangers, get it up them.

Edited by Norris Cole

Seriously can't believe you think this would be applied even-handedly. Have you been living on the moon since 2012 ?

Exactly. So the SNP, Regan, Doncaster and Lawwell and not forgetting the agenda/influence made by the press and the likes of the BBC.

And you think that this is a positive thing for Rangers?

BH I am sorry but you have made some bad decisions in the people you trust in the last 5 years. I didn't think anyone so smart could be so naive or is it trusting all persons to sail a straight and honest path? Unfortunately life is not like that. If only Adam hadn't ate that F***n apple.

I worked closely with Ministers, Civil Servants, the Police and the Football Authorities, in 2011/12 and whilst Club representatives will always promote their own interests and the officials are the representatives of the Clubs, I can assure that the Scottish Government does not have an agenda other than doing their best to eradicate unacceptable behaviour and the damage it does to the image of Scotland around the world. IIRC the Minister condemned the lack of effective action following the Cup Final and stated that strict liability would be imposed if the football authorities did not take effective action.

We are now represented on the SFA Professional Game Board, we need to work to gain representation on the SPFL and full SFA Boards in order to exert more influence at the top of the game.

Pete, I thank you for the compliment, but I am equally surprised that smart people like you, Craig and BD do not understand that this is going to happen, the only question , is when.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I worked closely with Ministers, Civil Servants, the Police and the Football Authorities, in 2011/12 and whilst Club representatives will always promote their own interests and the officials are the representatives of the Clubs, I can assure that the Scottish Government does not have an agenda other than doing their best to eradicate unacceptable behaviour and the damage it does to the image of Scotland around the world. IIRC the Minister condemned the lack of effective action following the Cup Final and stated that strict liability would be imposed if the football authorities did not take effective action.

So why did the First Minister talk about the "Happy Hibees" after the cup final and then refuse to personally condemn the assaults on the Rangers players?

What action did the SNP take against an MP referring to us as huns?

Why did an SNP minister hold an event in a pro-Celtic/IRA pub last year?

How many SNP MSPs or MPs support Rangers?

Which party 's MP took Ill Phil's utterings seriously and claimed that the Hogmanay game was in jeopardy?

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that the SNP do not have an agenda against us.

I see that you don't deny that Regan, Doncaster and Lawwell have been anti-Rangers?

Seriously can't believe you think this would be applied even-handedly. Have you been living on the moon since 2012 ?

Exactly. So the SNP, Regan, Doncaster and Lawwell and not forgetting the agenda/influence made by the press and the likes of the BBC.

And you think that this is a positive thing for Rangers?

BH I am sorry but you have made some bad decisions in the people you trust in the last 5 years. I didn't think anyone so smart could be so naive or is it trusting all persons to sail a straight and honest path? Unfortunately life is not like that. If only Adam hadn't ate that F***n apple.

So why did the First Minister talk about the "Happy Hibees" after the cup final and then refuse to personally condemn the assaults on the Rangers players?

What action did the SNP take against an MP referring to us as huns?

Why did an SNP minister hold an event in a pro-Celtic/IRA pub last year?

How many SNP MSPs or MPs support Rangers?

Which party 's MP took Ill Phil's utterings seriously and claimed that the Hogmanay game was in jeopardy?

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that the SNP do not have an agenda against us.

I see that you don't deny that Regan, Doncaster and Lawwell have been anti-Rangers?

I don't deny that Lawwell will act in what the perceives to be the best interests of his Club and as I said, the paid officials have no option other than to carry out the wishes of the Clubs expressed by the various Boards. It was ridiculous that Celtic had two representatives at the SFA but the fact that Stewart Robertson replaced Eric Riley on the PGB is a step in the right direction. Rangers need to work to ensure his election to the full Board and that of the SPFL to replace Ann Budge (Heart of Midlothian) or Ian Maxwell (Partick Thistle)

I have no idea how many SNP MSPs or MPs support Rangers or any other team for that matter. I do know that there used to a sufficient number of Rangers supporting MP's to form a group at Westminster, Brian Donohoe was the Secretary IIRC. I don't think that's a productive discussion any more than past discussions about which teams referees supported before they became referees.

As I have said previously, I do not think that politics (as distinct from government) goes well with football and I do not intend to get into a political discussion. What I will say, since you raise it; is that I was sufficiently concerned about the Govan pub incident to email my local SNP MP & MSP following which I had an opportunity to speak to Humza Yousaf about the incident. He claimed that it was just one of a number of businesses he and his team visited on the day; but accepted that it was ill-advised and understood that as a known Celtic fan, the perception amongst Rangers fans was somewhat different. I doubt he'll make the same mistake again.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

We are now represented on the SFA Professional Game Board, we need to work to gain representation on the SPFL and full SFA Boards in order to exert more influence at the top of the game.

Pete, I thank you for the compliment, but I am equally surprised that smart people like you, Craig and BD do not understand that this is going to happen, the only question , is when.

None of us said it wouldn't happen though - what we ACTUALLY said was that Rangers should fight against it on the basis that we don't have equal rights when it comes to football in Scotland these days. Aside from all the incidents that BD states (all accurate) in post #33 you also have to consider that the SPFL is de facto being run by the Celtic CEO and, on top of that, the forerunner as next Chairman is none other than Rod Petrie, who put his club's assaults on our players down to "over-exuberance" and an astonishing 8 months on he still has not uttered one word, publicly nor privately, in apology to said players or Rangers. We also have the Justice Minister (or is it now former Justice Minister) stating that the use of the word "fenian" was sectarian but that he wouldn't seek to punish use of the word "hun"....

And yet you still believe that we would get a fair hearing should we be accused under strict liability rules. As I said..... have you been living on the moon since 2012 ??

Again, none of the 3 of us disputed whether it was coming or not... what we did do is say Rangers should fight it and on the basis of the evidence at play I would contend that we are right to be skeptical of this level playing field you believe will take place.

Edited by craig

the paid officials have no option other than to carry out the wishes of the Clubs expressed by the various Boards. .

There's clear evidence that Regan and Doncaster are anti-Rangers as has been shown over a number of years.

Rangers need to work to ensure his election to the full Board and that of the SPFL to replace Ann Budge (Heart of Midlothian) or Ian Maxwell (Partick Thistle) .

I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

I have no idea how many SNP MSPs or MPs support Rangers or any other team for that matter..

So it's difficult to form an opinion if you don't have that most basic of facts.

What I will say, since you raise it; is that I was sufficiently concerned about the Govan pub incident to email my local SNP MP & MSP following which I had an opportunity to speak to Humza Yousaf about the incident. He claimed that it was just one of a number of businesses he and his team visited on the day; but accepted that it was ill-advised and understood that as a known Celtic fan, the perception amongst Rangers fans was somewhat different. I doubt he'll make the same mistake again.
It was the only business that they used as their photo opportunity (from memory). How many of these other businesses that they visited were Rangers pubs? I'm sure there's one or two around the Govan area?

I've come up with evidence to back up my argument and all you've done is make statements without providing any. It seems pointless to go on if you think the Government (run by the SNP) and Regan and Doncaster are even-handed just you've interacted with them.

Actually most other fans on forums are against this because they think it will be used against them more than any other club. Everybody (including ourselves) can't be right !

See posts above on the Scottish Cup Final and PSV game. Until we find ourselves a Chairman willing to defend us, it will absolutely be used against us.

Again, none of the 3 of us disputed whether it was coming or not... what we did do is say Rangers should fight it and on the basis of the evidence at play I would contend that we are right to be skeptical of this level playing field you believe will take place.

Whilst any charges would be issued by paid officials, I would be fairly sure that cases will be heard by an independent tribunal such as dealt with the Motherwell case or more or less vindicated us on the question of EBT's.