Statement from Warburton, Weir and McParland

Lockwood was an authorised agent. If he exceeded his agent's powers that's MW's problem.

You would think.

You would think, also, that the Board must have been clear that they had received bona fide resignations, however they were delivered. There would be too much hassle, too much reputational damage, and potentially too much expense for the Club to "wing it".

Edited by Uilleam

An agent is more than a third party. He is a person acting with the legal power of his clients.

A third party to me would be like me telling my boss that the guy who worked beside me had handed in his notice and wouldn't be back.

Rangers would have taken full legal advice before announcing Warburton and his pals had resigned. I'm confident they know what they're doing.

Aye Boabie that would be my reading of what their Agents position would be too but we've seen their statement and its saying that they didn't resign. Its an attempt at a fly move by him, that is, if what the board are saying is true. Now if what the board are saying is true its actually down to the board to show that the Agent was working on their behalf which is easily done.

Aye Boabie that would be my reading of what their Agents position would be too but we've seen their statement and its saying that they didn't resign. Its an attempt at a fly move by him, that is, if what the board are saying is true. Now if what the board are saying is true its actually down to the board to show that the Agent was working on their behalf which is easily done.

BJ , I'd say it's a given that the agent contacted our board to give notice that Warburton & Co were leaving. He requested Rangers didn't seek compensation from whatever club they were moving to.

There was then a hiatus during which the Rangers board met to discuss the situation and got legal advice.

At some point, yet to be determined officially, the board contacted the agent and agreed to all his his requests.

There and then Warburton and friends stop being employees at Ibrox.

What went on between the 3 amigos and their agent we don't know yet.

Had they got the job they'd applied for we would have heard no more and been without any management or a scout.

The board have given their position. Let's see if the threatened court action actually happens.

I very much doubt we'll hear another word from our former employees no matter what fuss the media will undoubtably create.

BJ , I'd say it's a given that the agent contacted our board to give notice that Warburton & Co were leaving. He requested Rangers didn't seek compensation from whatever club they were moving to.

There was then a hiatus during which the Rangers board met to discuss the situation and got legal advice.

At some point, yet to be determined officially, the board contacted the agent and agreed to all his his requests.

There and then Warburton and friends stop being employees at Ibrox.

What went on between the 3 amigos and their agent we don't know yet.

Had they got the job they'd applied for we would have heard no more and been without any management or a scout.

The board have given their position. Let's see if the threatened court action actually happens.

I very much doubt we'll hear another word from our former employees no matter what fuss the media will undoubtably create.

I think McParland was more a cowboy than a scout. Then again maybe he was Sleeping Bull.:)

That latter suggestion may be accurate, given the Club's many historical links with Wounded Knee.

Wounded Knee, damaged ligament, skint elbow and fractured eyelash which have conspired to decimate our squad.

We really should stop signing guys made out of glass.