The Championship

Magpies scrape through. They and Brighton are going up but who will be champs?

Wednesday back in the play-off places. Too much to hope that proud Preston can join them.

Villa and Wolves charging up the table but too late. They will have to find a way of keeping that momentum going for next season.

Sheff Wed v Newcastle this weekend - Huge match and likely a 41000 sell out at Hillsborough. Fulham could still pip Sheff Wed but this is the sort of game Newcastle have to win to get the title, it will go to the wire as to who goes up first. Huddersfield won again last night v Norwich but the games are running out for them to go up automatically. All 3 have a few tough games but Huddersfield have the toughest run in, but they were tipped to get relegated so to even be in with a sniff is remarkable.

Brighton win away at QPR and take another step to the Premier League. Chris Hughton doing a great job there and is under rated. They are 12 clear of Huddersfield now but have played 2 games extra but only 5 games to go after that and they have probably done enough, another win would seal it as I dont think Huddersfield will win 7 games. Huddersfield away to Forest today, thats a game I'll keep my eye on.

Leeds v Preston and Norwich v Reading are the other 2 big play off chasing games. You'd expect Derby (away to Birmingham) and Fulham (home to Ipswich) to pick up 3 points.

Blackburn cut adrift now after losing with the 3 teams above them all getting something.

Good day for Leeds and Derby. Fulham back in the play offs for now. A hiding for Reading.

Huddersfields defeat at Forest probably puts Brighton in the Premier League for sure now. Newcastle need to get over the line, but being held at Wed now.

Magpies lose at Wednesday. They'll go up but maybe not as champions.

Quite ironic that a manager they never gave a chance would pip them to the title ahead of a manager on the big bucks.

Newcastle will be a different animal under Benitez in the Premier League though. If he signs 6 first teamers they will be top half. If Bilic leaves West Ham he would be top of my wish list.

Quite ironic that a manager they never gave a chance would pip them to the title ahead of a manager on the big bucks.

Newcastle will be a different animal under Benitez in the Premier League though. If he signs 6 first teamers they will be top half. If Bilic leaves West Ham he would be top of my wish list.

Would Rafa leave the Mags for Hammers?

Would Arsenal want him if Wenger goes?

Would Rafa leave the Mags for Hammers?

Would Arsenal want him if Wenger goes?

I think he would opt for London and would depend on what kitty he has at both clubs.

He would do well for Arsenal but they will go for someone younger like the Juve or Dortmund coach once Wenger eventually goes.