Player of the Year

Why is Kris Boyd not being mentioned for player of the year?.Since I was knee high to a grasshopper I always thought the objective in football is to put the ball in the oppositions net as many times as possible.

Kris has done this 23 times this season and has also netted for his country 5 times.In any other country he would be out in front..But I'm sure they will give it to some foreign guy who scored a free kick

Why is Kris Boyd not being mentioned for player of the year?.Since I was knee high to a grasshopper I always thought the objective in football is to put the ball in the oppositions net as many times as possible.

Kris has done this 23 times this season and has also netted for his country 5 times.In any other country he would be out in front..But I'm sure they will give it to some foreign guy who scored a free kick

Last year he should have got it, especially when you consider what Hartson got it for the year previous. When Celtic win the league, a Celtic player gets it. When Rangers win the league.... a Celtic player gets it.:confused:

This year Boydy has less of a shout as there is little chance of him bagging as many.:(

Because boyd plays for rangers, simple as that

ricksen had to share his with hartson

boyd got pipped by maloney

Now odds on fav is naka/bourch (are you kidding me)

Boyds just a few goals awway from getting a golden boot award:thup:

Because boyd plays for rangers, simple as that

ricksen had to share his with hartson

boyd got pipped by maloney

Now odds on fav is naka/bourch (are you kidding me)

Boyds just a few goals awway from getting a golden boot award:thup:

I wouldn't give it to him this year. Celtic romped the league and would cry conspiracy anyway. But Fatson got it joint with Ricksen (one of the awards he took himself I beleive) when we won the league. Scored about as many as Boyd has this term, and far fewer than Boyd did last term, coupled with Maloney getting it last year when as pointed out Boyd pissed on what Fatman did the year previous = Absolute joke.

Does appear the rules are do not give to a bear unless absolutely necessary.

If we look at things honestly then there is only one Rangers player who maybe should be mentioned and that is Hemdani. Player of the year is not only about scoring goals it is about regularly putting in good performances in all aspects of the game and Boyd has not done that.

If we look at things honestly then there is only one Rangers player who maybe should be mentioned and that is Hemdani. Player of the year is not only about scoring goals it is about regularly putting in good performances in all aspects of the game and Boyd has not done that.

I would agree with that, but then by the same token Nakamura hasn't done much apart from score a couple of free kicks. To be honest I wouldn't know who to give POTY too

Guest ross1986

I agree for sure that Hemdani should be atleast Rangers POTY if not the SPL POTY. I think hes very underated by some still, because he isnt flash but players in his role never are, but he does his job perfectly. Any stray ball, pass, he cleans it up, he often pops up for the defence with a good tackle, has a great first touch and his passing accuracy is brilliant. He also chipped in a couple of nice goals this season :D:thup:

Wonder how many of the people that were slagging him rotten at the start of the season for having to play in defence and some of the errors are now touting Hemdani for POTY ??

Not a dig, but he came in from a hell of a hard time from an awful lot of people on here or possibly unfair and the manager did.....

I always said Hemdani was a touch of class and will stick with that, i think if we have Hemdani, Thomson Fergie and Brown we will have a great midfield once they all gel. Maybe even Buffel could be part of the equation but he looks to be going. I would expect quick one touch football from these guy's, if they do that we will be awsome. With this midfield i would like to see Buffel stay one more year.(i think)