Transitions, Transitions, Transitions!

whilst i agree about the system and playing to it

that Dundee United team was full of internationals and at time when there was real competition to get in the scotland squad

the back four

malpass narey hegarty Gough

that is international class

............ was Sturrock & Strachan in that team ?

Strachan played for Dundee.

The United side was a top team. Nearly perfect balance.

The little guy Payne was indeed a regular pain to Rangers. Don't forget the glamour centre forward Davie Dodds. On looks alone I thought he was a cert for a move to Serie A most likely joining the coiffed and bronzed fashionisti of AC Milan.

Jesting apart, he could play an old time centre forward game very well. Then there was the other goal scorer, Andy Gray. Whatever happened to him?

Sturrock was. Strachan never played for Dundee Utd.

Strachan played for Dundee.

Many moons ago (mid 70's I'm guessing), on a Wednesday night, I watched a Scotland U21 game @ Tynecastle, don't remember who we played but Narey, Sturrock & Strachan must all have been playing in 'Dundee' at that time, as that is how I remembered it (dugh) ......................

Anyway the trio were an absolute standout. Can't remember any others on the team at all as they dominated the middle of the park & the game.

It was a wonderful display.

Watching the game back and noticed a couple of mins in Tav gets caught on the ball , he then wins it back with no harm done but the camera cuts to PC who is shouting what looks like "I told you two touches maximum" he gestures to him with his hands also. After that I noticed it was all pretty much touch and pass

Watching the game back and noticed a couple of mins in Tav gets caught on the ball , he then wins it back with no harm done but the camera cuts to PC who is shouting what looks like "I told you two touches maximum" he gestures to him with his hands also. After that I noticed it was all pretty much touch and pass

I remember him losing the ball early, but didn't notice PC's orders; Interesting. It might cut down on Tavernier's mistakes if he can't dally.

Finally got the pass map for the Hamilton game.

The double-pivot is quite striking, with many connections between them and the back-four; Tavernier has a lot of the ball; Hyndman and McKay are narrow, with the width coming from Tavernier and Wallace; and there looks to be a lot of movement from the front-two -- which does look like a front-two, not Miller as No.10, although he drifted about.

We'd maybe hope to see more connections into the front four players in future -- especially from Toral and Holt.

Edited by Rousseau

And this is the xG, which shows we consistently created good chances and tended to take the big ones -- and look how little Hamilton did! Perhaps showing how well we closed them down?

34ihglk.jpg

Edited by Rousseau

Finally got the pass map for the Hamilton game.

The double-pivot is quite striking, with many connections between them and the back-four; Tavernier has a lot of the ball; Hyndman and McKay are narrow, with the width coming from Tavernier and Wallace; and there looks to be a lot of movement from the front-two -- which does look like a front-two, not Miller as No.10, although he drifted about.

We'd maybe hope to see more connections into the front four players going forward -- especially from the Toral and Holt.

yeah still not enough balls into the front guys, not varied enough either i would think.