Trial match 1959

I had the glossy colour version of that photo on my bedroom wall back then. It probably came from the Citizen paper.

Like this perhaps.....

3W6h3wp.jpg

Again, you can see the holes from the drawing pins!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

That brings back memories. Couple of names I don't remember; Moore, McCartney, McLardie & Vint. Did they play for first team at any time. Sutherland, is that Bob Sutherland the ex Indoor Bowls world champion?

I don't recollect any of them playing in the first team but they may have made an occasional appearance. Bobby? Vint was an outside left if IIRC. You can pretty much judge the players positions from their places in the picture e.g. aside from Shearer and Caldow, the first team forward line of Henderson, McMillan, Millar, Brand and Wilson are seated R to L in the front row.

I knew a couple of devout Jambos who were well up on junior and juvenile football in Edinburgh. They were devastated when McCartney preferred Rangers to Hearts. These guys were real football men not prone to exaggeration and were certain he would be better than Baxter. He never made it.

I knew a couple of devout Jambos who were well up on junior and juvenile football in Edinburgh. They were devastated when McCartney preferred Rangers to Hearts. These guys were real football men not prone to exaggeration and were certain he would be better than Baxter. He never made it.

That's what you get for being mates with Lennon ;)

Thanks BH but it was more likely to be the sports Times which was pink the Citizen sports was green paper I remember delivering them on Saturday's when I done my paper round.

No offence but if you check the bottom right of the colour one it was the SCOTTISH DAILY EXPRESS

I'll check out the black and white ones for clues but I think they might have been the Express as well.

Edited by BrahimHemdani