As I watched the NI v Sweden game on TV last night (well, if WS and Ally can scout on Healy, then so can I :) ) I was very impressed by the atmosphere created by the NI fans. They supported their nation from start to finish and guess what, not one 'sectarian' or 'cultural' song was sung.

If NI fans can manage this and turn Windsor Park into a loud and intimidating stadium, surely we can do the same at Ibrox? It wasn't long ago that NI fans would regularly sing the sash (with add ons) and other 'cultural songs', but no more.

Linfield have also moved on and in fact, there was a fantastic article on them in Scotland On Sunday proir to this season friendly (I posted this on the old site).

Could Rangers supporters groups like TBO, RST, Assembly etc contact both NI and Linfield to find out how they managed to 'move on' whilst improving the match day experience? Lessons that we could learn from?

Cammy F

If those sets of fans can move on, who surely would have 'more of a claim' so sing songs of that origin (eg something like build my gallows if that is one of the 'cultural songs') why do some rangers fans cling to these songs?!

Surely at rangers games support should be given to rangers first, as the NI and Linfield fans respectively have been doing from what I'v heard on here!

The sooner the idiots we have in our support wake up and smell the coffee the better.

Well done to the NI and Linfield fans and hopefully we can learn from them :)

could you keep us posted on any developments Frankie?

Cheers

Personally i think it will be much harder to change things in Scotland than in Northern Ireland.

That may at first seem strange, but in my experience people who live at a distance from the source are baked in old values and totally unaware of modern trends.

If you take the Turks who live in Europe they are a lifetime away from the modern day Turkish people who still live in Turkey.

I also know i became far more fanatical for Scotland once i was living abroad so i can imagine that the Scottish-Irish are more fanatical as the people actually living there. As i said at a distance you do not move with the times but stay baked in the old traditions.