Kris Boyd: Would they have Sir David Murray back at Ibrox?

There was no financial backing from Murray, either personally or through his companies, during NIAR.

It's a myth that he financed it and it's sad to see it been perpetuated.

But you agree

nevermind the £60m that they (the Murray companies) put into the club

Yes as far as possible and it's perfectly clear that if Rangers or their bankers had known that the deal was being financed by the sale of 3 year's season ticket sales to Ticketus it would not have gone through. Quite apart from the questionable legality. What some seem to forget is that SDM is not on trial in this case (though he appears to be on trial here).

I fully expect Whyte to be found guilty though Findlay's defence of obfuscation will no doubt mitigate the sentence.

No way your that naive

No way your that naive

Even if SDM knew the exact details of the financing arrangement, which I don't think has been suggested by anyone (though I am not following every word so I'll stand to be corrected) it's clear from McGill's evidence that the bank would not have let it happen. Unless you think he perjured himself?

Even if SDM knew the exact details of the financing arrangement, which I don't think has been suggested by anyone (though I am not following every word so I'll stand to be corrected) it's clear from McGill's evidence that the bank would not have let it happen. Unless you think he perjured himself?

Nah you can't be this daft. Your at it.

We can talk on saturday.

Edited by the gunslinger

So he doesn't get any credit for that even though he or his companies underwrote the consequences when the rights issue was poorly taken up by fans?

You're referring to the rights issue where he put in £50m?

Murray had allowed the debt to reach around £80m so he was correcting an issue that he had created. Does he deserve credit? He deserves credit in the way that someone puts a brock through your window and then pays for the repair. Yes, he could have walked away from it, but he was morally obliged to pay it.

My sister and me were at loch lomond as kids. She jumped in to get a wee girl out the water who was out her depth.

She loves telling that part.

Trouble is i was there i saw her lowering the girl in.

At her request in fairness.

I see murrays 50 million like that.

Edited by the gunslinger

it's obvious Lloyds forced the sale. AJ and Dave King rung the alarm bells.

King had no say in what happened even though he'd stuck £20 million in....

despite losing this he stuck in another £14 million in to buy shares.....he'll know he's never gong to get any of it back

he's a supporter.......respect to the guy

I'm bewildered. Maybe Kris Boyd hasn't been following the trial of the century. In fact he pretty clearly hasn't been, as this article reads like it was penned a few months ago.

There did seem to be a media campaign to bring Murray back a while back, however it is a non-starter. There is a fair chance he will be banned from ever operating a football club again, even if Whyte is found guilty. Then there is the obvious issue that the banks wouldn't lend Rangers, or any other Scottish football club any money anyway, especially if he was in charge. Of course Murray is still minted, despite all of his businesses collapsing, which just goes to prove everything that is wrong with capitalist market economics. However in case anybody, like Kris Boyd hasn't been following the trial and can't do the sums, then I'll remind them that Murray never actually invested a thin dime into Rangers FC, apart from the £6million he bought out the previous owner with. 9 in a row, Gazza et all was all funded by debt, which is neither illegal nor cheating. But Murray never put a penny in then, and he wouldn't now either. Unless forced to do so by a court, of course..