Well at this time of the year we would get our report card to take home to our parents to sign so how would you write up our teams report card for the season now thankfully over for most of them I would wish them well in future employment and the ones I kept a big MUST DO BETTER at the bottom of their card its been a dire season .

A good season review from someone would be good.

Let everyone write one and we can compare what everyone thinks. I put the challenge down to everyone to write a half A4(or more) on what you thought of the season. Give us your view!

Let everyone write one and we can compare what everyone thinks. I put the challenge down to everyone to write a half A4(or more) on what you thought of the season. Give us your view!

I was going to but there are far more qualified posters who see every game who would be better placed.

Warburton was a disaster but we have a new manager. Those who were patently not good enough should be moved on, but going by their performances who would pay any of them more than the minimum wage ?

We got above where I expected us to end up. I'd keep very very few.

No need for anywhere near an A4.

Next seasons report card will be worth reading. Warburton is why we ended up with dozens of wasted clean track suits. He's now gone.

I'll hit some comments though Pete.

Overall I think things need to be put into perspective. Coming back up through the leagues and not knowing what to expect. But we showed we are still better than 38 clubs in the country during a poor all round attempt.

Warburton has just proved to be a full tank of fuel when we ran out but in a cheap car. And Im sure overall Ally is liked more than him for what they did. As for David Weir - he lost respect.

Performances - Well Ive never seen the fans so split on opinions on players. Waghorn, Miller and Garner are the main one. 1 out of 3 get pass marks for me...and its the ageing one. Dissapointed in Waghorn as I felt he had the ability to step up but his finishing hasnt been great. Garner - Im just not a fan of this workman like ship putting himself about player. Ok he has scored about 5 goals and they seem to have turned out important which papers over cracks for me but I hope he is shacked up in Barnsley or Wigan by the end of the month.

Pedro - Jury is out. I like what I hear but dont like what I see in big games. Yet I like what I see by having faith in youth and being a bit no nonsense - the next 2 months is going to be interesting.

Just brainstorming here but Im sure others will add.

Edited by Gribz

Warburton was a disaster but we have a new manager. Those who were patently not good enough should be moved on, but going by their performances who would pay any of them more than the minimum wage ?

We got above where I expected us to end up. I'd keep very very few.

No need for anywhere near an A4.

Next seasons report card will be worth reading. Warburton is why we ended up with dozens of wasted clean track suits. He's now gone.

That is too simple. I proffered Warburtons style of football as Pedro's. Funnily enough his plan A was excellent and virtually the same as Celtics only they had better players to realise it. The pressing game is the way to go but you have to have the players to execute it. These players could do that in the lower leagues but the SPL was a bridge too far for them. Changing to plan B is a short term change but playing Plan A better was the better long term plan. The big thing with all top teams these days is after ball loss the 5 second press to win it back. Warburton wanted that but just didn't have the quality to put it into action. To do that you have to do it as a unit otherwise you will be chasing shadows. It is easy to say Warburton bought Rubbish but we do not know when King turned off the money tap. I also think our win against Celtic in the SC 1\2 final mudded the waters on how far down the road we were.

That is too simple. I proffered Warburtons style of football as Pedro's. Funnily enough his plan A was excellent and virtually the same as Celtics only they had better players to realise it. The pressing game is the way to go but you have to have the players to execute it. These players could do that in the lower leagues but the SPL was a bridge too far for them. Changing to plan B is a short term change but playing Plan A better was the better long term plan. The big thing with all top teams these days is after ball loss the 5 second press to win it back. Warburton wanted that but just didn't have the quality to put it into action. To do that you have to do it as a unit otherwise you will be chasing shadows. It is easy to say Warburton bought Rubbish but we do not know when King turned off the money tap. I also think our win against Celtic in the SC 1\2 final mudded the waters on how far down the road we were.

Warburton had a huge budget to work with and got us to the top division. A look at who has turned out to be successful will show how good a manager he was for us.

Plan A for Warburton worked, but only against what he expected. He had no plan B.

The point I'm making though is - what is the report card asked for in the thread ? The pupils have been largely guff. The teacher changed mid season. The new teacher had to work with what the old one left him.

There can't be much debate about our squad. Just about every one of them failed and there's no point in judging the current manager until he's had time to work with his own men.

The one thing I've been impressed by is his dropping of serial failures and giving youth a chance. That won't be enough next season but at least shows his thoughts are along the same lines as my own. If somebody is wasting a clean jersey then give a young boy a chance.