so its fine to say Rangers should sign no mexicans or portugese players? Why shouldnt such a comment deserve to be questioned?

Feel free to question-----no smears please

Feel free to question---no lies or smears please(that wasnt aimed at you)

Feel free to question-----no smears please

Feel free to question---no lies or smears please(that wasnt aimed at you)

I did ask quite clearly if you look back at the post. What is your thinking behind such a weird statement? Why would we not want any players from these countries at all?

I did ask quite clearly if you look back at the post. What is your thinking behind such a weird statement? Why would we not want any players from these countries at all?

See John Mc post No 54.Thats how ok.Lets leave it at that .

See John Mc post No 54.Thats how ok.Lets leave it at that .

that's fine if you want to leave it wont ask again but the answer in #54 in no way answers. Its about pena specifically and not about what was said in anyway. Most portugese for example speak English quiet well.

If we only sign Scottish players then we need to sack the manager because very few understand the way we are going to play. Portuguese players do as they are taught it from youth football, not sure if the same happens in Mexico. Since Scottish teams get beat pretty much consistently in Europe by teams who play the european way then i would have thought it would be a good idea to replicate European methods rather than Scottish. The Mexicans as a race have quiet similar mentalities to the Scottish(take no shit, never lay down and are very family orientated) I would say they will fit in here quiet well. Ultimately time will tell.

Edited by trublusince1982

that's fine if you want to leave it wont ask again but the answer in #54 in no way answers. Its about pena specifically and not about what was said in anyway. Most portugese for example speak English quiet well.

If we only sign Scottish players then we need to sack the manager because very few understand the way we are going to play. Portuguese players do as they are taught it from youth football, not sure if the same happens in Mexico. Since Scottish teams get beat pretty much consistently in Europe by teams who play the european way then i would have thought it would be a good idea to replicate European methods rather than Scottish. The Mexicans as a race have quiet similar mentalities to the Scottish(take no shit, never lay down and are very family orientated) I would say they will fit in here quiet well. Ultimately time will tell.

You said it ,time will tell(and it wont take very long,believe me)

You said it ,time will tell(and it wont take very long,believe me)

Limeburner, it's like you're preparing us for a "told you so". It's too easy to take that position, and to refer to nothing substantial, other than the fact he is Mexican. I've read the posts you referenced and they only point to your problem with signing players form this particular country. Either acknowledge that it was poor language, or explain why. I'd really appreciate hearing an alternative view about these players, because at the moment I'm quite excited about it. Shouldn't I be?

I've watched a lot of Mexican football and know a bit about these players so I'm surprised at your negativity. If Pena plays anywhere near his standard he will be player of the year in Scotland. The others we are being linked with are also exciting players, and my only problem is that I can't believe we stand a chance of signing them.

Edited by Gaffer

Limeburner, it's like you're preparing us for a "told you so". It's too easy to take that position, and to refer to nothing substantial, other than the fact he is Mexican. I've read the posts you referenced and they only point to your problem with signing players form this particular country. Either acknowledge that it was poor language, or explain why. I'd really appreciate hearing an alternative view about these players, because at the moment I'm quite excited about it. Shouldn't I be?

I've watched a lot of Mexican football and know a bit about these players so I'm surprised at your negativity. If Pena plays anywhere near his standard he will be player of the year in Scotland. The others we are being linked with are also exciting players, and my only problem is that I can't believe we stand a chance of signing them.

Look mate---its only my OPINION,it dosent mean its gonna happen.FFs calm down.

What i wont tolerate is folk saying i put my opinions before the success of the club----i wont have that.

It's not that you have an opinion limeburner. In fact, it's boring if we all thought the same. I'm just trying to understand why you have that opinion. You've given no justification or rationale. That's all I was asking.