It's not that you have an opinion limeburner. In fact, it's boring if we all thought the same. I'm just trying to understand why you have that opinion. You've given no justification or rationale. That's all I was asking.

Last paragraph of post 54 sums it up for me.

Last paragraph of post 54 sums it up for me.

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought it was because he is Mexican. But what you're saying is, it's because he is foreign and doesn't speak the language. As long as he speaks PC's language we may be in with a chance though. The settling in point is a good one though and I hope he can bring a few friends over to help him do just that.

Its a difficult attitude to justify. Does messi speak english.

No, and neither do Ozil or Costa or many of the other successful foreigners in England. But if limeburner wants only those who can speak the language, I think there are a few of the Scottish players who can't either.

I don't get the attitude either but it just shows that there are some people who think we are better off by restricting the pool of players we have access to by insisting they speak English before they arrive. We've had many successful players in the past who knew very little English before they arrived, but learned while they were here. I'm just glad our manager has more vision than many of our supporters.

Thanks for your OPINIONS lads.Ive got mine you have yours.

Remember also ,if they are internationalists-----we wont see them for good parts of the season

yeah that is a worry, think there are two weeks mid season they could miss if selected at a minimum

This season its also a bigger worry as we start earlier than usual so would also miss most of july and june.

Edited by trublusince1982