Russia v Portugal - ITV4 - Alves Starts

Alves looks like the tallest player in the Portugal team, maybe tallest on the pitch. I'm hoping Portugal get beaten though not due to Alves. Want him out of this and where he should be right now, at Ibrox. Russian anthem is a great little tune.

Edited by JFK-1

Disturbing amount of simulation to get fouls coming from both sides in just the first 15 minutes of this match. Since the authorities are forever trying to tinker I would rather they went to extremes to stamp this out before considering anything else.

It's easy for me to see in the replays so would be easy for the authorities to see post match then dish out a significant fine and a minimum 2 match ban. That would quickly start weeding it out.

He strolled the game as well. So dominant in the air and bullied a few of their strikers at times

From what little of the match i saw i could tell that Alves will be a huge step up in class, his distribution was great and always looked to make a forward pass rather sideways.

He had a very easy first half, was tested a bit more in the second half but still wasn't troubled at all, never seen anything like it when he heads the ball, he can head it farther than a lot of people can kick it, he's a massive step up in quality from last season.