Tottenham have been cleared of any blame after a fan ran on to the pitch following their FA Cup replay and aimed a punch at Chelsea's Frank Lampard.

Chelsea's quarter-final win descended into chaos after the final whistle when Lampard was forced to duck a punch.

The Football Association looked into security provisions at Spurs.

But a statement said: "After reviewing a video of the incident and receiving a full report from Spurs, there will not be any disciplinary action."

The fan has since been banned from attending football matches in England and Wales for three years, while Spurs have barred him from the club for life.

Another fan who ran on to the pitch also received a three-year ban and both offenders were given �£300 fines.

The incidents came after Chelsea won the quarter-final replay at White Hart Lane 2-1, thanks to second-half goals from Andriy Shevchenko and Shaun Wright-Phillips

Absolute joke!! They get away with this when a fan had pure intent to physically assault someone (Lampard) but we get fined and warned when an opposition fan makes a statement at our ground.

Double standards.

Absolute joke!! They get away with this when a fan had pure intent to physically assault someone (Lampard) but we get fined and warned when an opposition fan makes a statement at our ground.

Double standards.

Personally I think it is only double standards if the ruling is from the same body.

Our punishment was meted out by UEFA whilst Spurs being let off was from the EFA.

Personally I think it is only double standards if the ruling is from the same body.

Our punishment was meted out by UEFA whilst Spurs being let off was from the EFA.

Its worse the fact UEFA havent even looked at this. A change in punishement would have been one thing but not to even pick up on it is another.

Its worse the fact UEFA havent even looked at this. A change in punishement would have been one thing but not to even pick up on it is another.

It happened during an EPL/FA event though - UEFA have no jurisdiction over that, to my knowledge.

It happened during an EPL/FA event though - UEFA have no jurisdiction over that, to my knowledge.

Yeah thats what i was thinking but im sure they have interviened with us about singing at SPL games and Im sure being UEFA they can intervine with EPL matches.