Cardoso: “I have never seen anything like [the fans] anywhere in the world.

The castle in Embra is no big architectural deal but the New Town is. Not much better than Glasgow's best but a little bit.

I would never call Glasgow beautiful. Impressive, yes and in its commercial heyday a more vibrant place than Edinburgh any day of the week.

As a 365 day a year city, Glasgow is far more vibrant. And the city Centre is hard not to call beautiful. Have you looked up?

As cities go much prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow.

However Glasgow does have some cracking architectural gems but the determination to let the greatness of Alexander "The Greek" Thomson become nothing but a memory while beatifying Rennie Mackintosh is beyond comprehension.

As cities go much prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow.

However Glasgow does have some cracking architectural gems but the determination to let the greatness of Alexander "The Greek" Thomson become nothing but a memory while beatifying Rennie Mackintosh is beyond comprehension.

I also agree about Thomson, his works are amazing. There was a recent programme on the BBC that charter the times where Glasgow shot ahead of Edinburgh as Scotland's main city.

As for preferring Edinburgh to Glasgow? There really is no comparison. I don't think Edinburgh really feels like a city at all. And the fact that you are unlikely to meet a local, rather some foreign tourist or student serving you, makes the whole place feel false to me - like a big Disneyland for tourists. Also as a massive music fan, Wdinurgh pales into insignificance when compared to most places in the U.K.

... but that's just my opinion :D

I also agree about Thomson, his works are amazing. There was a recent programme on the BBC that charter the times where Glasgow shot ahead of Edinburgh as Scotland's main city.

As for preferring Edinburgh to Glasgow? There really is no comparison. I don't think Edinburgh really feels like a city at all. And the fact that you are unlikely to meet a local, rather some foreign tourist or student serving you, makes the whole place feel false to me - like a big Disneyland for tourists. Also as a massive music fan, Wdinurgh pales into insignificance when compared to most places in the U.K.

... but that's just my opinion :D

Coming from the North East I've no particular axe to grind but the Castle and Princes Street Gardens is light years ahead of anything the centre of Glasgow has to offer, also being a bit of a gastronome Edinburgh is on a different planet.

Coming from the North East I've no particular axe to grind but the Castle and Princes Street Gardens is light years ahead of anything the centre of Glasgow has to offer, also being a bit of a gastronome Edinburgh is on a different planet.

Yeah, Edinburgh has a nice castle but as a bit of a culture vulture, that is it. Yes, it has the festival but that is once a year. Glasgow has multiple cultural events throughout the year, is much bigger, has a much friendlier vibe, a world class music scene, better architecture (Mackintosh, Thomson, Hadid, Foster), better nightlife, better for sports... the list is endless.

I actually had to convince my wife that Edinburgh castle was actually Edinburgh caslte when we drove past it once. She thought it was just a building up a hill as she was that underwhelmed.

Maybe as more of a city lover and a music lover, that is why I like Glasgow more. I view Edinburgh in a similar light to somewhere like York - worth a visit but definitely would be bored living there.

Yeah, Edinburgh has a nice castle but as a bit of a culture vulture, that is it. Yes, it has the festival but that is once a year. Glasgow has multiple cultural events throughout the year, is much bigger, has a much friendlier vibe, a world class music scene, better architecture (Mackintosh, Thomson, Hadid, Foster), better nightlife, better for sports... the list is endless.

Ooo the damning with faint praise :lol2: Nice castle? It's not as if you can hold the worlds largest Cultural Festival every weekend either though is it? While indeed Glasgow does posses some of Fosters work neither the Armadillo or the Hydro would make it to his top hundred, the Armadillo being basically a Poundland Sydney Opera House and while the Transport Museum indeed looks ok from across the river I found inside it didn't perform its function well at all with far too many exhibits being stuck high on the walls and appearing remote.

Maybe as more of a city lover and a music lover, that is why I like Glasgow more. I view Edinburgh in a similar light to somewhere like York - worth a visit but definitely would be bored living there.

Not being a lover of cities a non-football trip to Edinburgh is always a much more pleasant experience than a non-football trip to Glasgow.

Ooo the damning with faint praise :lol2: Nice castle? It's not as if you can hold the worlds largest Cultural Festival every weekend either though is it? While indeed Glasgow does posses some of Fosters work neither the Armadillo or the Hydro would make it to his top hundred, the Armadillo being basically a Poundland Sydney Opera House and while the Transport Museum indeed looks ok from across the river I found inside it didn't perform its function well at all with far too many exhibits being stuck high on the walls and appearing remote.

Not being a lover of cities a non-football trip to Edinburgh is always a much more pleasant experience than a non-football trip to Glasgow.

As I said, fair enough. For those into a bit of culture, Glasgow is unrivalled anywhere outside of London. The arts and music scene is second to none. Edinburgh is a fantastic tourist trap and has the second best castle in the country so that is obviously an attraction. Nice place to visit, can't imagine it being a great place to live.

Again, Edinburgh is on a much smaller scale than Glasgow so I would definitely find myself a bit bored there. It must be a shame having to wait for a festival all year when there is basically something going on in Glasgow 365 days a year.