Awkward or Inconvenient?

I know there are a number of threads on essentially the same topic, but I hope Gersnetters see merit in this separate nuance?

I have just watched lunchtime news on both BBC Scotland and STV. Both are reporting Lennon's conduct being subject of a complaint from some Rangers supporters. Both provided voice over to film footage. BBC Scotland showed Simon Murray's equaliser, then cut to Lennon gesticulating with his fingers, pointing and signaling 1-1, he then cups his ears, and BBC Scotland's Editor cut the clip. Whereas STV did not show the goal, but started at Lennon pointing gesticulation, cupping his ears, then kept running for the 'get it right up ye' finale. Why have BBC Scotland chosen to edit/cut the footage? Oh, and no comment so far from Beeb Scotland's Chief Football Reporter, Chris McLaughlin.

Further, The Sun has a full page photo of Lennon and his get it up ye gesture; whereas, the Record has a smaller photo on the back page. Which newspaper has a two year standing commercial agreement with ra Sellik? A question Keith Jackson might want to reflect upon?It appears it is both awkward and inconvenient for both BBC Scotland and the Daily Record.

I just convinced my dad tonight to stop reading the Record after 50 years. No mean feat when you consider that I'm 12000 miles away and we only talk on the phone every couple of weeks. The chat normally goes "How's it gaun?" "fine, aye." "Its cauld here" "its hot here". "Whit aboot that shite at the weekend?" Then an hour talking about Rangers ? But this time I managed to convince him that his 50 year love affair had to end. He took it well and claimed that Keith Jackson tipped him over the edge with his sensational headline about Trump and Kim Jong Un, comparing them to the game in Scotland!!!!! Followed with an empty article. I didn't see it, but it sounds like Jacko.

Edited by Barebear

The BBC hold the rights to show Scottish football highlights on terrestrial TV. There is an agreement that other terrestrial broadcasters can use limited or newsworthy footage for minimum cost for news broadcasts only. It maybe that STV simply don't have footage of the goals.

That of course doesn't explain why the BBC would choose to show the 'goal', they might claim context but I think we all know their sympathies lie with Lennon in this incident.

To be fair to the Record the photo of Lennon doing the 'get it up you' gesture is pretty big, I've not seen the Sun, but you can hardly accuse the Record of hiding the image.