Club1872 update

Update on Club 1872

Dear Member,

Club 1872 would like to update you on the progress towards a new constitution for Club 1872 and the upcoming Board elections.

The draft constitution, which was issued to members, is with the CIC regulator for consideration. Once the CIC regulator has approved it, the constitution will be presented to Club 1872 members for a vote on its adoption. The holiday period means this process has taken longer than we anticipated but we are now in dialogue with the regulator and will issue a poll on the adoption of the constitution as soon as the dialogue is concluded.

Unfortunately the upshot of this process is that it is likely that the elections for the new Board of Club 1872 will have to be delayed for between 2-4 weeks. We had hoped to have the new Board in place by the end of September but the adoption of the constitution is an important step prior to the elections and is not something entirely within our control. The regulator is there to scrutinise and examine these kind of changes and this process is part of the statutory regime to protect members. It would not be right to short circuit the process, nor can we do so in any event.

We also wish to ensure that the election process takes place over the anticipated period. It is important that members are given time to consider applying for Board positions and that those voting have the chance to hear from prospective Board members via hustings and personal statements.

The election process itself will take roughly six weeks and will commence as soon as the vote on the Club 1872 constitution is complete.

We thank you for your patience and we will update you further as soon as we are able to do so.

Club 1872

After the frequent debacles of the old RST (does it still exist?) I became thoroughly disillusioned with the spectrum of supporter organisations and have paid almost no attention to the emergence of Club1872. Beyond the usual rhetoric, can anyone explain in plain language what Club1872 is actually doing and what we can expect from it over the next year or two?

Yes, that's the sort of generalities that people sometimes to use to avoid committing to more accountable specifics. It doesn't say a thing about what benefits or improvements we as supporters can expect Club1872 to be pursuing ... or how they will measure the success or otherwise of their activities. Looks to me like there's been a nice rebranding exercise but nothing much has actually changed. Maybe someone can persuade me otherwise before I return to my state of ignorance.

Yes, that's the sort of generalities that people sometimes to use to avoid committing to more accountable specifics. It doesn't say a thing about what benefits or improvements we as supporters can expect Club1872 to be pursuing ... or how they will measure the success or otherwise of their activities. Looks to me like there's been a nice rebranding exercise but nothing much has actually changed. Maybe someone can persuade me otherwise before I return to my state of ignorance. ��

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/share-information/

With all due respect Bill, I'd say that in less that 12 months managing to become 2nd largest shareholder & at the same time negating the Ashley infuence, is a helluva lot more than a rebranding exercise.

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/share-information/

With all due respect Bill' date=' I'd say that in less that 12 months managing to become 2nd largest shareholder & at the same time negating the Ashley infuence, is a helluva lot more than a rebranding exercise.[/quote']

With all due respect D'Artagnan, the Club1872 website made it clear about their shareholding, which is nice for them. However, my question was what benefits it intends to deliver to its members - or even just to the wider support. Does Club1872 have a list of tangible target achievements and do they have in place the means to measure and report progress on these targets? Perhaps you can fill me in.

Given the nature of your post above, I guess I should make it clear that I have absolutely no axe to grind with Club1872, nor do I have the slightest understanding of what it is about or what it seeks to achieve, beyond the shallow generalities I see today on its website. Hence my question.