Players would have signed anyway?

Had a listen to the last caller on Clyde having a go at Keevins ( Don't listen normally as a rule obviously) but Keevins said certain players wouldn't have signed, fact is it was a legal scheme, but King said the players would have signed regardless and far from giving us an advantage we had to pay costs for advice from the Murray Group.

I know Keevins is a rat, and he should get his facts straight.

Had a listen to the last caller on Clyde having a go at Keevins ( Don't listen normally as a rule obviously) but Keevins said certain players wouldn't have signed, fact is it was a legal scheme, but King said the players would have signed regardless and far from giving us an advantage we had to pay costs for advice from the Murray Group.

I've heard Shug say this several times...maybe he should be "encourage" to provide some evidence of his claims.....

I don't doubt that the LEGAL ebt scheme certainly encouraged players to sign, but as far as I'm aware there is zero evidence to prove that a-none of these players would have signed without an ebt, and b-other options couldn't have been tabled to ensure their signature.

"Would you have signed without an EBT"....."No"

"Would you have signed for an extra £1000 per week...."Yes"

Is this not one of those instances where King originally said we couldn't have afforded them ? And then backtracked and said we would have ?

in defence of Hugh, he says a lot of things that are downright wrong and wildly exaggerated so he can wind up listeners. Don't forget the tims fell out with him as well even though he's one of them. I remember he likened our card displays to the Nuremberg rallies........and went off air for a fortnight while we raged.......we called him Nuremberg after that.....so sometimes he goes too far..........but he has me in stitches........I'm an avid fan