Early opening pubs in Paisley

All this really does my head in. There is no logical reason why the scot squad couldn't request a 1pm KO for example. AFAIK that woukd still suit Sky times etc.

This allows guys (or girls) enough time for a couple of pints with their mates pre match. Instead Scotland's answer to the keystone cops leave guys getting up first thing and hitting the wine, beer and spirits in the house etc immediately. All that happens is people end up getting pissed earlier.

This is Plods attempt at justifying their OT (extra officers working Saturday premium hours) and inability to police events satisfactorily. I rarely drink so it's no skin off my nose however this place is a backwater, and we show no sign of acquiring any common sense.

Edited by cooponthewing

All this really does my head in. There is no logical reason why the scot squad couldn't request a 1pm KO for example. AFAIK that woukd still suit Sky times etc.

This allows guys (or girls) enough time for a couple of pints with their mates pre match. Instead Scotland's answer to the keystone cops leave guys getting up first thing and hitting the wine, beer and spirits in the house etc immediately. All that happens is people end up getting pissed earlier.

This is Plods attempt at justifying their OT (extra officers working Saturday premium hours) and inability to police events satisfactorily. I rarely drink so it's no skin off my nose however this place is a backwater, and we show no sign of acquiring any common sense.

It's to lessen the crowds chance of drinking pre-match and for no other reason Coop.

All the cops working at the game will have been drawn from offices, etc.

No cop will receive any extra pay. That went out the window several years ago when the clubs squealed about the cost of policing and stewards got employed in their place.

I agree though - I absolutely detest a game being played other than 3pm on a Saturday. A few pints in Lodge Neptune is an essential for me to enjoy a match.

It's to lessen the crowds chance of drinking pre-match and for no other reason Coop.

All the cops working at the game will have been drawn from offices, etc.

No cop will receive any extra pay. That went out the window several years ago when the clubs squealed about the cost of policing and stewards got employed in their place.

I agree though - I absolutely detest a game being played other than 3pm on a Saturday. A few pints in Lodge Neptune is an essential for me to enjoy a match.

Boabie you know as well as I do everyone just gets up earlier and carries on. As far as the pubs are concerned they just have more time after the match. The last time there was any major trouble at an OF inside the ground was probably the 80s. 12 noon for a match is an absolute disgrace. Sunday park football kicks off at 11am. Totally agree there is nothing wrong with 3pm.

On a personal level a believe nothing that comes from plod. On a psychological level anyone who works in a position like policing/security guard/store detectives....Don't get me started!

Oh yeh and you mentioned stewards lol. Where do we start with those "roasters"!

Edited by cooponthewing

That's gonna be a LONG day my friend :D

Not sure which direction you find easier bud. I just dont fight jetlag anymore, few beers and let it sort itself out. :thup:

Got a peach of a photo while landing BTW you may appreciate. 3 countries in one photo.