Rangers 3 - 0 Partick Thistle: Player Ratings and MotM Poll

Rangers cruised past Partick Thistle with a comfortable 3-0 win at a chilly Ibrox on Saturday. Check out our player ratings from the game and vote for your man of the match in the poll below.

I opted for Daniel Candeias as my MotM. :)

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/match-analysis/824-rangers-3-0-partick-thistle-player-ratings-and-motm-poll

partick_ratings.jpg

Can't disagree with your ratings but my MoM Holt.

I thought Holt struggled a wee bit early on to get into the game but improved in and around the time we scored our goals. His inter-play with Miller and run for the second goal was superb but his finish rather poor, though we got lucky with the rebound. All these wee rubs of the green help - fine margins!

The third goal meant we could relax somewhat but it was a shame we took our foot off the gas. Niko didn't work well tactically (though he worked hard enough) so Holt and others all fell out of the game.

I disagree that Wilson has a 6, he was solid and played some fantastic passes, would have him at a 7 or 8 as he was far better than Tav this week. Also disagree with Fod at a 7, he made one important save early on and apart from that had very little to do other than pass the ball and a lot of the time his passing was terrible and put us under pressure, 6 for me. I would probably have Wilson, Mccrorie, Holt and Jack all at an 8 as they completely controlled the game.

I agree that it was very close with Candeias, Holt & Mccrorie for MOTM this week. It was great for Mccrorie to score but I think he made one or two more mistakes than usual and Holt sadly never got his goal so would agree with Candeias overall.

Wilson's passing was actually pretty good but once in the first half he almost gave away the opening goal by completely switching off as the ball appeared to go out for a goal kick to us.

Other than that he was fine but in the second half his positioning was suspect once or twice and I felt he played better against Hearts in a defensive sense.

Wes' distribution was poor at times which is unlike him but the rest of his contribution was fine so I felt a 7 was appropriate.

It's all about opinions - thanks for sharing yours! :)

While it wasn't as easy to pick the MOTM as last week, I plumped for McCrorie as he had a solid game defensively and scored the all important opener. Candieas was good but still has too many poor final balls/crosses to be consistent. Holt was as usual the pulse of the midfield and his energy and effort as unmatched, but wasnt as effective as last week.

Wes wont have many easier games, Wilson was better than usual but I still get the feeling there is a goal-costing error just around the corner.

Windass, goal apart, was typically anonymous mixed with small glimpses of both garbage and cleverness. Full backs were fine, not under much pressure and didnt really get forward as much as other games. Morelos worked really well but he so badly needs a goal now, you can see his confidence waining the longer this drought goes on.

I thought that Wilson has played well in the past two games, and deserved to keep his place after the Hearts match, despite Alves being available. His passing was accurate and changed the play quickly. However, I feel that for a CB, he is suspect in his positioning and doesn't like to challenge for the ball in the air. There is a reason for our shocking record at corners and set pieces over the past season and that has been the lack of a dominating CB. Fortunately both Hearts and Partick never really threatened in open play, but I was still concerned when we conceded a corner.

Alves would definitely come back in for me for the double header against Aberdeen.