Rangers fans brand Aberdeen fan forum members “dregs of society”

The Union Flag has the crosses of St Andrew, St George and St Patrick - the England fans who took it to England matches were just ignorant.

As an aside, Wales isn't represented as their national flag is a pagan symbol (dragon).

The one thing that really amazed me when I was a kid was going to the Glitterdome and seeing them flying a green saltire celebrating a league win. I started football in the early 60's and just assumed every team would fly the Scottish flag with the year they won the league thereon.

If that is what they do then it is truly pathetic!

Sorry, but I simply cannot agree with that cal. When did Rangers "hijack" the UJ as "ours and only ours" ? We have never prevented any other club, nor tried to, use the UJ . The alienation problem is of the supporters of the other clubs surely - they are the ones who are taking exception to it and being offended by it - it isn't alienation until and unless the originating club attempts to prevent you from using the flag. We have never tried to prevent Celtic from using the UJ and being Scottish AND British.

I'm not saying it's deliberate but it becomes de facto. It's why a lot of Scots didn't like the union jack as England fans flew it - it's less so now as they fly the St Georges cross, although maybe more for some who are a bit extreme in their independence politics.

When you see a UJ at a game do you see a Rangers flag, if so, it's unfair for you to not expect fans of other teams to see the same and avoid it. Rangers fans are definitely not waving it for all British teams.

I would say the same with Scottish flags, it doesn't really work at a game with two Scottish teams.

Even without the politics and Rangers use of it, I wouldn't expect Celtic to be even slightly interested in flying a flag which has the colours of their great rivals.

I think the same about their Irish flag, although it's a bit weird as they aren't Irish.

If that is what they do then it is truly pathetic!

I can't imagine it would be much different with Rangers fans if the Scottish flag were green. Many fans would even love a blue grass pitch (that's actually blue in colour if you know what I mean).

How many Rangers fans often choose not to buy some things if they are green? Maybe I'm pathetic as I'm one of them.

On a separate note, I only found out yesterday that the National Anthem of Great Britain is not taught in primary schools. It’s positively avoided. However, FOS on the other hand is positively encouraged! I wonder who’s idea that was?...........

In England, very few people know the second verse. And some of the majority who don't, hilariously say that if you don't learn the anthem you should be deported...

(BTW I know it as well as an infamous, unofficial sixth verse)

we used to take the French tricolour to the match when we were young. Simply because it was red, white and blue

Also because it was very easy to make - you simply sewed the three coloured panels together. Improvements in printing has made any kind of flag easy to manufacture cheaply.

It is now acceptable to call the union flag the union Jack.

But it doesn't need to be officially acceptable in the slightest, it's what a lot of people call it. I doubt it's officially acceptable to call Hibernian FC, "HIVs" or Aberdeen FC, "the Sheep Shaggers" but it doesn't mean we can't use it on this forum and need to be pedantically corrected if we do.