Q&A: Andy Scoulding

ANDY SCOULDING has been in his new job just over two months now, and he has wasted no time in getting started.

The new Rangers Head of Scouting has structured a completely new department under the leadership of Director of Football Mark Allen. He is beginning to rebuild a scouting network that had been somewhat lost by the club over the past few years.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/qa-andy-scoulding/

Fair enough, but I still think the answers we have are beyond bland.

For example:

[h=4]Q: WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU CAME IN?[/h]A: Two things really, the people, we had to bring in some people to build the team and also the environment. We have spent some time working on those two things and I think we have now got a good team in place and an elite environment where we can start to really action the vision.

We set the bar pretty high, from the outset we had a clean sheet of paper for us to pretty much do it how we wanted to and go in the direction we wanted. We have worked hard on bringing the right people in and we have changed the environment. We now in a position to keep going forward, so I don’t think anything has changed we have just actioned the bits we said we would do.

A lot of words to say almost nothing: "We brought in the people we wanted and changed the environment."

So, in what way have they changed the environment?

Imagine being in a job interview and being asked your achievements in your last job:

"I improved the department."

How?

"I changed things".

Hmm.

[h=4][/h]