Transfer Window Preview: Part 1 - Who Could Leave?

Tav is a murder defender but if we are defending as a team we can offset his weaknesses. I’d give him a new deal but I’m the expectation that there is a lot of room for improvement. When he and candeias are in form we are string down that side of the park. The CHs and defensive midfielders need to understand how to protect that defensive area when they are let loose. They showed a good understanding they could do that on Saturday.

I’m not a Windass fan either. He is far too wasteful. If he sorted out his random over optimistic shooting attempts and learned to get goal side more effectively when required he would double his contribution.

The big weakness is still left defence, creative midfielder and pace at the back. Hopefully Alves will go along with Pena and Herrera and that should release substantial cash allowing gradual rebuild.

We can’t just get rid of an entire team so we need some clever work by Allen and Murty in January.

Tav is a murder defender but if we are defending as a team we can offset his weaknesses. I’d give him a new deal but I’m the expectation that there is a lot of room for improvement. When he and candeias are in form we are string down that side of the park. The CHs and defensive midfielders need to understand how to protect that defensive area when they are let loose. They showed a good understanding they could do that on Saturday.

I’m not a Windass fan either. He is far too wasteful. If he sorted out his random over optimistic shooting attempts and learned to get goal side more effectively when required he would double his contribution.

The big weakness is still left defence, creative midfielder and pace at the back. Hopefully Alves will go along with Pena and Herrera and that should release substantial cash allowing gradual rebuild.

We can’t just get rid of an entire team so we need some clever work by Allen and Murty in January.

Unfortunately the stock on all three will, if anything ,have decreased ,so unlikely to make anything substantial.

It will be harder to get rid off some of these players than we think. For example:-

1) Are we prepared to write off millions of pounds of transfer fees paid for these players & if so how much are we prepared to write off ?

2) what about players returning from loans? Do we want these players back?

3) Who would want any of these players & would they be prepared to pay the exorbitant wages we're no doubt paying them?

I'd suggest we'll need to offload around half a dozen players first before we get anyone in. I repeat, I don't think that is going to be easy