Florida Cup (and training camp) thread

I know this is only a friendly but if Windass’s performance isn’t enough to convince Murty to only play him behind the striker(s) then I don’t know what will.

When he attacks at pace he’s quick, direct, tricky and forces defenders to have to turn, which they hate.

Windass could be very, very effective as the “10” if he can find some consistency.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

I know this is only a friendly but if Windass’s performance isn’t enough to convince Murty to only play him behind the striker(s) then I don’t know what will.

When he attacks at pace he’s quick, direct, tricky and forces defenders to have to turn, which they hate.

Windass could be very, very effective as the “10” if he can find some consistency.

To be fair it was Murty who played him in there!

Just now, ian1964 said:

To be fair it was Murty who played him in there!

Yeah I know... but after a couple of good performances from windass in there Murty played him left side again and he was poor.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Yeah I know... but after a couple of good performances from windass in there Murty played him left side again and he was poor.

Aye!, very true, no idea why?, but I do believe Murty likes him in there. Like you said let's hope he keeps him in there

Numan was never a central midfielder. He may have been a left sided Number 10 if you want but he was more wide than central and I don't give a shit what he wrote as I watched FC Twente for years. If you want to be right then okay. Arthur Numans first game in turning from a central midfielder to left back was a nightmare.

Just now, pete said:

Numan was never a central midfielder. He may have been a left sided Number 10 if you want but he was more wide than central and I don't give a shit what he wrote as I watched FC Twente for years. If you want to be right then okay. Arthur Numans first game in turning from a central midfielder to left back was a nightmare.

What on earth is your problem ?

I simply told you what the guy wrote in his own book and now you are getting all aggressive with me ?  Do me a favour.

You are being ridiculous.  I couldn’t care less about being right, I merely told you what the guy said in his own book.  Seems more like it is YOU that wants/needs to be right.

As I said, if you want to argue that Numan wasn’t a central midfielder then take it up with him, because it was him that said in his book he was a central midfielder.

I’ll bid you good night - and hopefully tomorrow you will be in a better mood.