Pacific Quay Musings?

On 20/01/2024 at 17:14, Frankie said:

Today, BBC Scotland accepted the Presenter of their BBC Radio Scotland programme, 'Off the Ball' committed a breach of standards. RAB(Rancid Auld Bigot) Cosgrove made an unacceptable claim about former Rangers skipper, Richard Gough. The Swedish born Scots international was not involved in the show when subjected to the Cosgrove assertion, "ah don't think Richard Gough was against apartheid". A listener complaint was upheld by the broadcaster because the comment gave the impression of being a personal attack on someone who did not have the opportunity of responding and, went beyond what would be considered acceptable in a programme of this kind. 

Hating More Carefully.

There is quite a delicious irony in the reporting of the RAB Cosgrove breach of standards story. If your actions have cast you in a dark light, ensure a mate/fellow traveller takes control of the ensuing story. Today's Herald carries the information and the Journo controlling the narrative is Gabriel McKay. The previous dozen years saw the then, Gabby McKay work for the Peter fanzine known as, 'the Daily Record'. The Anderson Quay blatt had a Chief Reporter, Mark McGivern during this period and he would occasionally scribble some nonsense inbetween his real purpose, leading worship at the altar of ra Sellik.

Mark McGivern over egged the rancid pudding, he lead on the front pages demanding Rangers sever connections with a new media partner, Heart and Hand. The reasoning being an investigation into the social media history of two of the contributors found questionable outpourings. Heart and Hand suspended the pair and carried out their own investigation into numerous Daily Record Journos. It took a day to discover discover numerous sectarian social media outbursts. Mark McGivern was quietly paid off, Jane Hamilton disappeared and, Gabby McKay was sent on diversity training.

Gabby was the star in the firmament, attending the opening of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at his beloved Sellik Park, he could not remain disciplined. During the late Queen's opening address he Tweeted, "where are the IRA when you really need them"? A decade after and lots of further hate, Gabby was sent on a course to learn to hate more carefully. He was allowed to quietly resign and Herald Towers employed him. A now, more careful Hater directly reporting upon a fellow Hater but, showing the way to contrition is real control.

On the next page, Gabriel is relating the catholic church view that the new proposed Assisted Dying bill is a dangerous idea. Strange, when Gabby was urging the IRA to assist in the dying of the Head of State, the church said nothing.

This is the Stick to Football podcast - which I would recommend - with Rio Ferdinand as the special guest this week.

I post it because in a discussion about punditry they mention Michael Stewart and his "spell" at Man Utd.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

which I would recommend - with Rio Ferdinand as the special guest this week.

Wait, people actually go out of their way to listen to Rio Ferdinand?

Extreme aural masochism.

55 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wait, people actually go out of their way to listen to Rio Ferdinand?

Extreme aural masochism.

I didn't recommend this parlicular episode - outwith that particular segment as it (negatively :D ) mentioned Michael Stewart - but the podcast as a whole. 

However, it was a good episode. Ferdinand's thoughts on his career were quite interesting. And the discussion(s) as a whole was quite good. 

I wouldn't go to Ferdinand for tactical insight, but he seems to be interested in the mental side of players. 

He also mentioned that he'd like to see the press get more access to the players, like in the NFL which I hadn't thought about before. I dislike following the Americans for most things, but this sounded interesting. 

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I didn't recommend this parlicular episode - outwith that particular segment as it (negatively :D ) mentioned Michael Stewart - but the podcast as a whole. 

However, it was a good episode. Ferdinand's thoughts on his career were quite interesting. And the discussion(s) as a whole was quite good. 

I wouldn't go to Ferdinand for tactical insight, but he seems to be interested in the mental side of players. 

He also mentioned that he'd like to see the press get more access to the players, like in the NFL which I hadn't thought about before. I dislike following the Americans for most things, but this sounded interesting. 

Would like to hear their views on the FA thinking of abolishing the points deduction punishment after Everton and Forrest have been deducted points they intend bringing in some kind of luxury tax 

14 minutes ago, compo said:

Would like to hear their views on the FA thinking of abolishing the points deduction punishment after Everton and Forrest have been deducted points they intend bringing in some kind of luxury tax 

That news has only just dropped, so they'll maybe discuss it next week. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

This is the Stick to Football podcast - which I would recommend - with Rio Ferdinand as the special guest this week.

I post it because in a discussion about punditry they mention Michael Stewart and his "spell" at Man Utd.

I note Rio Ferdinand relating Roy Keane stating Michael Stewart, "you'll end up playing for a pub team, you'll play for the Swan".

Sub Editors missed out on, 'Ugly Duckling turns out for the Swan' because Michael did not possess the footballing ability to make the Swan's first eleven.