1 hour ago, Bill said:

Apart from being a contradiction in terms, American football has to be the most over-hyped borefest on the planet. Or there's Nascar.

Its a game you very much have to understand and get into. I am a fan of it, I watched it a lot as a kid from a young age on the old Channel 4 on a sunday night. Did a stadium tour of Buffalo Bills which was great - that was the team I started to support when I was young. Coincidentally it was at a time where they broke a record for 4 superbowl runners up in a row (89-93 seasons). 

Since coming to Asia Ive not had the coverage and the time zone is a nightmare so Ive not watched it so much, but I could easily sit and watch a full match.

I do get the American antics about it though, they do tend to think its the biggest show on earth when the Champions League and World cup blows it away.

As for the result - I certainly would have back the Eagles, I said to a yank in the bar last night that Philadelphia would win.

41 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Its a game you very much have to understand and get into. I am a fan of it, I watched it a lot as a kid from a young age on the old Channel 4 on a sunday night. Did a stadium tour of Buffalo Bills which was great - that was the team I started to support when I was young. Coincidentally it was at a time where they broke a record for 4 superbowl runners up in a row (89-93 seasons). 

Since coming to Asia Ive not had the coverage and the time zone is a nightmare so Ive not watched it so much, but I could easily sit and watch a full match.

I do get the American antics about it though, they do tend to think its the biggest show on earth when the Champions League and World cup blows it away.

As for the result - I certainly would have back the Eagles, I said to a yank in the bar last night that Philadelphia would win.

How would you know whether I understand it or not?

Never watched it.  Havent seen a snap all season.  But I did empty my Betfair account on the "over 48" - easy money.  Patriots are never involved in low-scoring Superbowls.  Like taking sweeties off a baby.

Glad the Patriots lost - don't like that franchise.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

How would you know whether I understand it or not?

As MacK says it was a general comment. Its regularly heard on radio etc that people dont have a club what is going on. Also some just dont like the start stop of it, yesterdays superbowl last 2 minutes took about 8 minutes. Personally I like it.