Dundee FC ban the DR & Co

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Couldn't a similar ban be implemented on Gersnet with no DR links allowed to be posted?

The thing is that the DR won't stop posting lies and half-facts/-truth about us. IMHO, it is better that one on here quotes them with the required copyright-link, so we have the "information" handy for all without handing them any more clicks. Just pretending they are not there made them the "power" that they are now. Someone has to take them to the cleaners about this, one way or another.

Why bother? Well, what do you expect will happen if someone non-Scottish wants to check out Rangers, reads a bit about this or that player, admin, King and the like. He'll check out google and will happen upon tons and tons of malcontent from the Scottish mhedia and very little impartial stuff from elsewhere.

We saw what happened if somesuch is let to happen over here, when a respectable German investigative sports programme was completely fooled by their Scottish brethren and went out their way  telling their audience that we are indeed the "New Rangers" who cheated their way out of their debts and "pretend to be the old club". As opposed to Scotland, over here there is a regulatory body for all things media and I and a few fellow Bears over here took it upon us to complain about the article to said institution. Needless to say, the programme was quickly removed from the "mediathek" of said TV channel and the chief editor apologized for their lack of investigation ino the matter.

What also is clear is that if we let them off the hook is that you end up with this anti-Irish and probably now-adays anti-Catholic myths. Just check that article about the AUssie footballer we have been linked to, Brandon O'Neill. The Aussie reporter saw it fit to remark about our "non-Catholic" signing policy as well as linking it to a seemingly non-Irish" signing policy, a notion that AFAIK only came bout in recent years, when we signed Daly who is Irish, but perhaps not Catholic. So the mhedia found a new level of telling us about a signing policy that probably never was. Irrespective of all the Catholics from all parts of the world who have been here since the days of John Spencer and Mo Johnston. But why should one check out facts and figures, when there is a "well-known" myth to draw upon?

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

What you’re describing is the responsibility of the Rangers directors, not a fans’ forum. I don’t want to read the DR, here or elsewhere. 

Know thine enemy, I think, is the maxim, here. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we don't know that enemy well enough by now then we're unlikely to benefit from further reinforcement

The problem is that by placing the Daily Rhabble out of sight, you will end up with it out of mind. 

Its vile agenda requires to be exposed at any and every opportunity, if only because their are people -Rangers' people- who continue to buy and read this execrable propaganda sheet. 

Just now, Uilleam said:

The problem is that by placing the Daily Rhabble out of sight, you will end up with it out of mind. 

Its vile agenda requires to be exposed at any and every opportunity, if only because their are people -Rangers' people- who continue to buy and read this execrable propaganda sheet. 

I'll say it again. The responsibility for dealing with the likes of the DR lies with the Rangers board of directors. Pushing the Record's spoutings on fans' forums achieves nothing other than the principle aims of the newspaper in question.

20 hours ago, Bill said:

I'll say it again. The responsibility for dealing with the likes of the DR lies with the Rangers board of directors. Pushing the Record's spoutings on fans' forums achieves nothing other than the principle aims of the newspaper in question.

Nobody is suggesting 'pushing' the Rhabble's agenda. Thnk of it more as exposing  its holey, wholly threadbare, and dirty green, unholy nickers to public ridicule. and opprobrium. 

Edited by Uilleam

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Nobody is suggesting 'pushing' the Rhabble's agenda. Thnk of it more as exposing  its holey, wholly threadbare, and dirty green, unholy nickers to public ridicule. and opprobrium. 

So expose it on Twitter or Facebook. That way you'll expose it to a public of countless thousands, instead of a few dozen on Gersnet who already know all about the Record's threadbare knickers and would rather look elsewhere.

I'm not on Twitter; nor Facebook; thank Gawd.

Therefore, I am pleased when someone draws attention,  by posting articles, on this site, to the continued, and continuing,  lies, stupidity, and moral and intellectual cowardice of the tabloid press in this country.

And, -do you know?- I can forward the offensive articles to others.