New Observer Article: Graeme Murty's revolution of dynamic movement

Well done on the analysis. This is what we need more of. I really hated when Caixinha and our players would come out with vague excuses for not performing. The favourite one is always "we just need consistency". If you can't find consistency it's because you're not good enough!

This analysis is really good, and it's very exciting that it's Rangers you're talking about and not Man City. I'd be really interested to hear who's ideas are at work here. How much of it is Murty, how much Johanssen.

Celtic's defence is pretty poor but they defend by keeping possession. Their possession stats are way higher than ours, crazy high. And I think that's the big reason they concede so few. A big part of our strategy will need to be about winning the ball back quickly and effectively. This probably means getting right on top of Scott Brown and not allowing him to dictate. We'll need to be able to keep the ball well too, moving it around without losing it. Otherwise they will stop us scoring by keeping the ball off us like they have with everyone else.

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Celtic's defence is pretty poor but they defend by keeping possession. Their possession stats are way higher than ours, crazy high. 

A massive part of that comes from them passing around the back 4 all the time.  Many teams seem to sit off them & let them pass endlessly around their own half.  As soon as a team begins to really press them & get in their faces, they start to flounder a bit more.

If we press & hustle them in their own half, coupled with our much improved, dynamic forward line...we WILL cause them problems.

I wonder if they'll take the chance of this against us.  It is true of course that their possession is primarily across the back 5 or 6 (if we include Brown), but I think this plays into our hands and anyone watching us will know that.  The problem they have is what to do about it.  I wonder if they'll consider going heavy in the midfield and maybe moving the possession play to the middle third instead.  Again though, I'd be quite happy with this because the pace we have maybe even more effective when winning the ball in that area of the pitch.  So pleasing for once to be discussing their tactical problem, rather than ours.  I just hope we cause them problems all over the pitch.  I'm desperate to destroy them.  It'll be interesting to see how they cope if we take 3 points from them, but especially if it's a dominant win.

16 minutes ago, Darthter said:

A massive part of that comes from them passing around the back 4 all the time.  Many teams seem to sit off them & let them pass endlessly around their own half.  As soon as a team begins to really press them & get in their faces, they start to flounder a bit more.

If we press & hustle them in their own half, coupled with our much improved, dynamic forward line...we WILL cause them problems.

The Sheep got into their faces in last seasons Cup Final and caused them real problems.

Recently, they sat off them, never laid a glove and made what could have been a difficult game, easy for celtic.

Hearts took advantage of a loss of form, got into their faces when they won 4-0. 

We'll almost certainly look to get into their faces, high press, bal, bla.....and the crucial aspect will be, is as always, taking chances.