£1m seems like the going rate for a player of his standing given that he's still contracted. He's had a couple of good seasons and is a good prospect. I think we can all see his potential so I would be all in favour of us signing him.

As for the debate surrounding the club's ambition - this summer will reveal a lot. WS needs funds to rebuild the squad and if he doesn't get it then I guess we will get our answer. Lets just be realistic about things as well. It's not always about how much a player costs but also his wages.

Ok, finally getting round to this!

I don't know why on the one hand you can praise Sebo, Lovenkrands, Buffel and Sionko and then on the other hand disparage the likes of a 20 year old Naismith who has scored 13 goals in the league in a far less talented team...

Who has praised Sebo? All ive said is he deserves more than 5 mins here and 6 mins there. And comparing his performance against Celtic with anything Boyd has done upfront on his own is laughable - Sebo showed how to ruffle up defenders. I'll do my judging on him once / if he ever gets a run of games not minutes.

Of course ive praised Lovenkrands. He had a great goalscoring record in big matches. He could have went onto bigger things with us if he was played thru the middle.

As for Sionko - Well I said he looked a peach of a signing but that was in August after 2 games. Since then you can look back and find my praising about him being no more than a dumpling.

Buffel - Again ive said he has al lot of abililty and talent and could be the creative guy we need in the team, but again he has been constantly played out of position, so once again il reserve praise until he plays as the link man behind 2 strikers for a run of games.

Also if signing Scots is to blame for our malaise, how come our best run for years has coincided with our highest average of Scots players in the team?

You have lost me here, I assume you are talking about the 92-93 team which was full of scots?? But since then what good run have we had, i certainly cant think of ANYTHING in the last 2 years and we have plenty Scots in the side now.

The problem is the Scottish game / players have went backwards since the 90s and now our players (Scottish) arent good enough and if we sign them we will be on par with the teams we by them from.

You seem to think we are better signing the likes of:

Letizi, Christiansen,

Bardsley, Fanfan, Svensson, Rodriguez, Kyrgiakos, Bonnissel, Papac, Kalenga,

Capucho, Sionko, Namouchi, Mladenovic, N'Diaye, Martin, Diordic, Nieto,

Stanger, Eggen, Sebo, Maniero, Ostenstad and Jeffers

- just because they are not Scottish or from the SPL? I disagree, I think THESE guys are the problem.

I think some people are a bit blinkered when it comes to Scottish and SPL players.

You'll need to explain to me where I said buying this lot of players is better than SPL players. But there are 1 or 2 in there who id take heads above what we have now. The boy Nieto look quality and scored 6 goals in a few games yet McLeish didnt fancy him :) Plus there was a few who didnt really get a chance in there proper position, but its nothing to do with the fact they arent scottish.

I think the team of:

MacGregor

Hutton Weir Webster Smith

Brown Ferguson Hemdani Thomson

Boyd Koevermanns

Would be our strongest team for a long time with 9 Scots and 2 foreigners.

That team is 2 players stronger than what we have right now (Brown and Koevermans) and IMO we need MUCH more the 2 players to improve to have our strongest team in a long time.

IMO that team still has spine that im not happy with. To start the keeper isnt good enough, in centre Defence Webster isnt signed and is unproven at Rangers (so far), plus Weir is 37 and is hardly long term solution (despite being a breath of fresh air this season).

The midfield has almost zero in creativity and there is still a slow over weight striker in the team.

:)