No Rangers goal in Goal of the Season Vote

Just seen this and noticed there were no Rangers goals nominated. Very surprised by this because I thought we had a few outstanding team goals this season. Windass vs St Johnstone and Windass vs Partick to name a couple.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/16180005.Celtic_have_cast_their_vote___but_which_strike_is_YOUR_goal_of_the_season_in_Scotland_/

I am not surprised in the slightest, and that has nothing to do with the quality of goals we have scored. I expect it to be goals for sellick, sellick minded players and goals against us. Surely those are the criteria? 

Edited by SteveC

1 hour ago, SteveC said:

I am not surprised in the slightest, and that has nothing to do with the quality of goals we have scored. I expect it to be goals for sellick, sellick minded players and goals against us. Surely those are the criteria? 

Most of the goals nominated are from the lower leagues.

32 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

There’s a victim mentality which is becoming more pervasive among our support.  It’s sad to see.

I must have imagined the attempts to stop us doing a quadruple by stealing the league and knackering us for that and the Uefa final. And obviously the illegal demotion of us to the bottom division and stealing of monies from us and chocking us as we lay bleeding and defenceless were all just part of a complex nightmare from which I'll wake up one day and no longer feel victimised. 

Or not. 

If you are assaulted, robbed and the subject of attempted murder then you are, by definition, a victim. The post cup final scenes were another clear example of victimisation and that is what is really sad to see. 

Edited by SteveC

29 minutes ago, SteveC said:

I must have imagined the attempts to stop us doing a quadruple by stealing the league and knackering us for that and the Uefa final. And obviously the illegal demotion of us to the bottom division and stealing of monies from us and chocking us as we lay bleeding and defenceless were all just part of a complex nightmare from which I'll wake up one day and no longer feel victimised. 

Or not. 

If you are assaulted, robbed and the subject of attempted murder then you are, by definition, a victim. The post cup final scenes were another clear example of victimisation and that is what is really sad to see. 

Valid grievances like those can lose a lot of impact when people claim an anti-Rangers agenda because none of our goals were nominated for goal of the season.

We have been unfairly treated in the last 6 years, that is clear and undeniable.  It doesn’t help however when people play the victim card every time they see an anti-Rangers conspiracy in their corn flakes.  It just takes focus away from the legitimate stuff.

Edited by Unicorn

35 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Valid grievances like those can lose a lot of impact when people claim an anti-Rangers agenda because none of our goals were nominated for goal of the season.

We have been unfairly treated in the last 6 years, that is clear and undeniable.  It doesn’t help however when people play the victim card every time they see an anti-Rangers conspiracy in their corn flakes.  It just takes focus away from the legitimate stuff.

Fair enough, I just went by the OP's words and did not click on the link he provided. Perhaps I should not have replied without having done so.

Edited by SteveC

I should have added that what I posted re recent history was also why there is a "pervasive" "victim mentality" amongst our support - I view it as more inevitable than "sad" "to see", because we are victims.  I agree that we should be wary of letting it colour everything, but it is simply cause and effect in action.

Different times, different circumstances; however, the end of season awards thing has spectacularly gone against Rangers twice in the modern game.

Jock Wallace won the treble in 77/78 season, Aberdeen's Billy McNeil won Manager of the Year. Alec McLeish won the treble in 02/03 season and ra Sellik's MON won Manager of the Year.