[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates)

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

So you dont think form, confidence, lack of management, and a broken dressing room has any influence on results? okay-dokey!

I would normally expect us to beat all teams too, including celtic, but this annus horribulas (repeated) has shown that our players, better on paper as you rightly say than the opponents, rarely show the gap in quality on the pitch that matches the gap in pay/talent between them and their opponents.

The realism is that we have no right to expect this group of players to go out there and beat our opponents, simply because there is so much evidence to the contrary.

Hopefully the new management team can bring a new reality to our viewing for next season, I for one am just clinging on to the hope that we can somehow manage to get the combination of results that see us finish 2nd. Whether we expect it, or just hope for it, we can certainly all agree that we will be delighted if we get it.

We disagree on a few points there, but that's just one of a few reasons why football is so great.  We all have very different opinions.  In my opinion, the players had a loss of confidence after the 3-2 game against Celtic.  There then appeared to be a dressing room issue shortly afterwards.  That appears to have been resolved to some degree and the players now just needed to get their confidence back.  The win against Kilmarnock will have done that but now we I fully expect the team to go into these games with confidence and get all six points.

Football is about small margins so it wouldn't surprise me if we lost either or both games,  but it would be against the odds and I always go with the strongest probability, which is that we will win.

28 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

We disagree on a few points there, but that's just one of a few reasons why football is so great.  We all have very different opinions.  In my opinion, the players had a loss of confidence after the 3-2 game against Celtic.  There then appeared to be a dressing room issue shortly afterwards.  That appears to have been resolved to some degree and the players now just needed to get their confidence back.  The win against Kilmarnock will have done that but now we I fully expect the team to go into these games with confidence and get all six points.

Football is about small margins so it wouldn't surprise me if we lost either or both games,  but it would be against the odds and I always go with the strongest probability, which is that we will win.

I don't know about any of that. Did you see the interviews after the match yesterday? If its any indication its not looking too great to be honest Sean Goss sounded his usual dull self with a little optimism as he got a game again so that wasnt really a surprise but JN sounded like someone who can hardly remember his own name and Tav sounded depressed.

Edited by Big Jaws

A wins a win it's another three points although my son said the team performance was dire it looks like our new manager is going  to have his work cut out ,let's also hope our board have some investors to pump in funds .

On 6-5-2018 at 01:06, RANGERRAB said:

McCrorie effectively changed the game when he came on in that defensive MF role. As per usual we were getting outnumbered in MF again. Second half with three in central MF we evened up the numbers with Killie in MF.

It also allowed Holt & especially Dorrans to push forward in what is both their more natural roles.

I wonder where this leaves RyanJack ? A new manager is bound to lookat his disciplinary record & start asking questions even if two of the four red cards got rescinded

Funny comment from Nicholl to say that he didn't know McCrorie could play in midfield. Has McCrorie been out since he came in?

Also strange not to have 1 forward on the bench.