Once again, on a visit to Scotland's capital, Rangers fans were met with heavy-handed Policing. Police in tracker vans with video cameras, Police in vans in full riot gear and the Police on the streets trying to intimidate the visiting support.

On the way to the ground, a Rangers fan asked a Policeman if he was allowed to drink in the streets. He was informed that as long as he wasn't 'drunk' or close to the ground, he could indulge. The guy nips into a shop, buys 2 bottles of beer and is promptly surrounded by Police as he opens the first bottle - only after intervention from 10 fellow fans is the lad not arrested (he had his drink confiscated).

Early in the game, a young Rangers fan was surrounded by Police and had his Union Flag confiscated and warned that he could be arrested. Meanwhile, the Hibs fans were happily allowed to fly the flag of a foriegn nation without Police intervention.

Near half-time, the entire Rangers end is surrounded by Police and stewards whils the rest of the stadium is left 'unguarded'. Que Hibs fans rushing to the Rangers fans, gesturing, blessing themselves and making 'cut-throat gestures. What action by Plod? NONE, apart from telling the Rangers fans to shut the fook up.....

When will all this end?

Cammy F

Shocking behaviour. I hope the RST takes this up with the relevant people. I heard on the radio that the police were going into the Rangers end during the game? Can anyone shed any light as to why?

Once again, on a visit to Scotland's capital, Rangers fans were met with heavy-handed Policing. Police in tracker vans with video cameras, Police in vans in full riot gear and the Police on the streets trying to intimidate the visiting support.

On the way to the ground, a Rangers fan asked a Policeman if he was allowed to drink in the streets. He was informed that as long as he wasn't 'drunk' or close to the ground, he could indulge. The guy nips into a shop, buys 2 bottles of beer and is promptly surrounded by Police as he opens the first bottle - only after intervention from 10 fellow fans is the lad not arrested (he had his drink confiscated).

Early in the game, a young Rangers fan was surrounded by Police and had his Union Flag confiscated and warned that he could be arrested. Meanwhile, the Hibs fans were happily allowed to fly the flag of a foriegn nation without Police intervention.

Near half-time, the entire Rangers end is surrounded by Police and stewards whils the rest of the stadium is left 'unguarded'. Que Hibs fans rushing to the Rangers fans, gesturing, blessing themselves and making 'cut-throat gestures. What action by Plod? NONE, apart from telling the Rangers fans to shut the fook up.....

When will all this end?

Cammy F

Like the Osasuna game all over again.

Cammy you should send this post on to the BBC or to Rangers themselves, the feeling is now that the Police just hate us full stop no matter how well behaved we are.

Shocking behaviour. I hope the RST takes this up with the relevant people. I heard on the radio that the police were going into the Rangers end during the game? Can anyone shed any light as to why?

To answer my own question. I read a thread on FF that after we equalised to make it 1-1, a fan took out and started waving a Union Jack. This is what prompted the Police to wade in and that if it wasn't for his fellow bears who stood firm, he would have been arrested. The thread mentioned that there was nothing written on the flag and also that a police sergeant apologies afterwards.

This kind of thing is really getting out of control.