On 14/5/2018 at 14:21, craig said:

I don't think that is true at all.

Looking at yesterday's game.  Were we inept ?  Yes, for the 1st 25 minutes and last 15.  However, would we have been inept had the ref a) not given their soft penalty after 10 minutes or b) sent Allan off for an absolute howler of a challenge, which could have been a career ender or c) given us a blatant handball decision ?

Reality, I suspect, is that had those decisions gone the other way - and lets be honest, b and c were stone-wall - then we would more than likely be lauding Rangers coming back from 3-0 down to win 6 or 7 vs 3 or 4.  Instead we are bemoaning our ability to defend, our ability to see games out etc.

I don't think that you can suggest poor refereeing doesn't play a factor in how we play.

You can't credibly make an argument by cherrypicking decisions and leaving out others that don't suit.

Allan should have been off but so should Goss have been, ie. 10 v 10 for most of game.

Their penalty was a penalty, end of.

For me, the one glaring decision (lack of) that could have changed the outcome was the Whittaker handball where we should have been awarded a penalty. Then we'd have had to convert the penalty.

5 hours ago, buster. said:

You can't credibly make an argument by cherrypicking decisions and leaving out others that don't suit.

Allan should have been off but so should Goss have been, ie. 10 v 10 for most of game.

Their penalty was a penalty, end of.

For me, the one glaring decision (lack of) that could have changed the outcome was the Whittaker handball where we should have been awarded a penalty. Then we'd have had to convert the penalty.

I didn’t see the Goss incident so apologies if he should have walked.  But to suggest we were inept and the ref has nothing to do with that is also cherrypicking.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

I didn’t see the Goss incident so apologies if he should have walked.  But to suggest we were inept and the ref has nothing to do with that is also cherrypicking.

I don't think I suggested anything about our performance and did point to a potentially game changing non-decision.

#ImaginaryCherrypicking :D

2 hours ago, buster. said:

I don't think I suggested anything about our performance and did point to a potentially game changing non-decision.

#ImaginaryCherrypicking :D

Cross communication my friend.  My reference to cherry picking was SBS, not you....

2 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

The referee cannot be blamed for our complete lack of quality all over the park. The ref is completely irrelevant. We are crap, but change is afoot. 

These things do not work in isolation the way you suggest.