Big Ugo - Can we trust him again in a big game?

Guest Jaffa_the_biscuit

Guest Jaffa_the_biscuit

I say no we cant....his aerial ability is a bonus, I will give him that.........and his screamer against celtic was sweet viewing, but this guy is an absolute timebomb with a ball at his feet. Such amateur school boy errors and just a lack of basic control, composure and confidence, always falls at a crazy moment, or makes a wild pass to no-one.....we cannot use him in important matches I fear.

Is Svensson going to have to be brought in again?

Or Hemdani backk in there?

You're right Jaffa, Ehiogu does have his qualities but it's his negatives that make his as much a bombscare as any of our worst defenders in recent years.

He'll play on Saturday I'm sure as changing the central defence for this game wouldn't make much sense but I doubt he'll play much next year and if anything he'll probably end up as another pay off.

I think this is a bit unfair. IMO he hasnt done that bad but im only going on the handful of games ive seen him in.

Id certainly take him over half the bombscare defenders in the last few years. He was a great defender for Villa and Boro so he may be adjusting to the rough and tumble that is the SPL.

Assuming we sign Webster, I can see him and Weir being the main men at the back next season, so it might come down to whether Ehiogu is happy at being on the bench.

I have to say I've been a bit disappointed by him, he seems very slow and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. He seems to struggle with simple passes as well which is just bizarre in this day and age.