Report on the Rangers Academy

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I read the article...but I read his words. "Scott Brown would have BULLIED me." The word bully is not about being slight, it's about fear. Yet, not of Scott Brown. It is an admission of inadequacy and self-doubt...big, fat, flappin, red flag. This is why publically admitting weakness should be frowned upon. If I was on his team competing for position and I saw that...yeah. Someone needs to sit this kid down and have a long talk about honesty. There are a million places to talk about 'fears', newspapers ain't it.

We may see Mr. Gilmour again sooner than we think.

I think Gilmour is being polite in this interview. When he says Scott Brown would have 'bullied' him, he actually means 'hacked'.

4 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I read the article...but I read his words. "Scott Brown would have BULLIED me." The word bully is not about being slight, it's about fear. Yet, not of Scott Brown. It is an admission of inadequacy and self-doubt...big, fat, flappin, red flag. This is why publically admitting weakness should be frowned upon. If I was on his team competing for position and I saw that...yeah. Someone needs to sit this kid down and have a long talk about honesty. There are a million places to talk about 'fears', newspapers ain't it.

We may see Mr. Gilmour again sooner than we think.

We may need to agree to disagree on this one.

Normally the word bullied is indeed about fear.  However, in football parlance it most certainly is attributed to physical imposition.  Which is what Gilmour was getting at.  That Scott Brown is too physical for him - and, lest we forget, we are talking about a 17 yr old boy (who only just turned 17 today) vs a 32 yr old grown man.  I don't think it is a sign of fear at all.  Looks more to me like self-awareness that he hasn't yet physically grown into himself.  Not everyone is fully developed at that age.  Rooney, for example, was a physical beast at that age, but not everyone develops physically that way.

I am more than willing to bet you that we wont be seeing Billy Gilmour in a Rangers top in a competitive game for a very long time.  The kid is destined for far bigger things than us - yes, I did just say that.  Anyone that has watched his performances for Chelsea U18's this season can see he is a jewel in their crown.  Being 16 yrs old and captaining your country's U21's is no mean feat... to also win the Young Player of the Tournament in a competition that had World Cup winners playing in it says a great deal about the boy.

4 hours ago, craig said:

That Scott Brown is too physical for him - and, lest we forget, we are talking about a 17 yr old boy (who only just turned 17 today) vs a 32 yr old grown man.  I don't think it is a sign of fear at all. 

Yes, we are going to have to agree to disagree.  True...this kid has some growing to do...hopefully his balls drop too....I keed I keed! :D

4 hours ago, craig said:

Rooney, for example, was a physical beast at that age, but not everyone develops physically that way.

Yeah true...Rooney was on the first team with Everton at what 16? I am pretty sure he scored his first goal at 16. That is insane.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I am more than willing to bet you that we wont be seeing Billy Gilmour in a Rangers top in a competitive game for a very long time. 

I hope he does find great success...he seems like a sweet kid. He is amazingly talented too.

4 hours ago, craig said:

The kid is destined for far bigger things than us - yes, I did just say that.

My girl might not be the prettiest...but she's my girl.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL RULES!