1 minute ago, Frankie said:

It's quite simple - we're entitled to question the red card so should do formally via the correct process.

The St.Johnstone player should have been sent off.

You can't use 'mistakes' to credibily ask for mitigation. Well you can but it won't get you anywhere regards the appeal but it is useful in showing an example of the treatment of our players.

A video that contained the bad decisions from last season would be useful if anyone has the ability to do it.

The Stokes/Beaton game is an excellent example to highlight.

We absolutely should use the inconsistent performances in our submission.

It's unacceptable for key decisions such as the Morelos one and the video above to be refereed differently - especially when we consider McKenna assaulted Morelos first and Bates did nothing.

There has been a pattern forming now since the Beaton game a year ago and we need to get to the bottom of it.

I really don't think Morelos will get away with it, he had a kick out, they will see it as that, even though it should probably be a yellow for both of them. The Scottish media have built wee Morelos up as some south American hothead that gets sent off 7 or 8 times a season, truth is he is just a moody lookin wee bugger that can be a bit petulant at times, he needs to be a bit more cute in situations like that, either barge him back or go down like a ton of bricks and give the ref a decision to make, wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and morelos did go down if the linesman would be so keen to bring it to the refs attention.

The May tackle on Jack was ludicrous, what an absolute coward flying in like that at the back of someone, I hope he gets done, because not only was it stupid and cowardly, it was really dangerous, I have seen some folk say it was payback, if that the case then the foul should be looked at by the review board and the necessary action taken, you can't just throw yourself in to the back of someone's head/neck like that.

Just now, Frankie said:

We absolutely should use the inconsistent performances in our submission.

It's unacceptable for key decisions such as the Morelos one and the video above to be refereed differently - especially when we consider McKenna assaulted Morelos first and Bates did nothing.

There has been a pattern forming now since the Beaton game a year ago and we need to get to the bottom of it.

1. You have the Morelos sending off which any appeal will treat as a stand alone event in relation to the rules.

2. The broader issue of how officials have treated Rangers over a period of time and looking for a way to reverse this tendency.

Wrt 2,

I think SG is right to highlight this and should continue to do so when decisions go against us. I reckon it's the only way to put pressure on officals to stop stamping over Rangers, the team who previously didn't say much in the way of protest. Celtic (usually via Rodgers) have done this successfully for a while.

Snatched from FF ...

I hope that Rangers will appeal and if they do I'm sure the appeal will be successful.
However, it does not detract from the fact that the referee's decision materially influenced the outcome of the game.

It seems that nothing has improved from the situation highlighted by Hugh Dallas 8 years ago:

On 21 November the Sunday Mail published a story claiming that 80 percent of Category One officials had failed a 30-question written exam on the Laws of the Game, conducted at a Spanish winter training camp in February, and alleged Hugh Dallas had been "taken aback" by the results and had instituted remedial action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_referee_strike

The standard of refereeing in Scottish football is abysmal. Eight years ago the referees fee was £800 according to the article above, I'm sure it must have increased since then, but if there was to a move for full time referees in the Scottish Premiership then this would have to have to be financed by a levy on all
SPFL Premiership teams. I don't think these costs would be insurmountable when shared across 12 teams.

One way or another, Rangers cannot allow this situation to continue. Without wanting to sound like a ******, we have been on the wrong end of too many bad refereeing decisions since our return to the top flight. The club needs to start putting pressure on the SFA who are in turn responsible for the referees.