Official: Barisic signs on a 4 year deal

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You do realise the vast majority of performers and audience members at the Fringe are tourists?  

I tend to avoid Edinburgh. It's too cold, and filled with rubes who dinna spik right, ken. Occasionally, one has to visit for Rugby Internationals and the like, and bear the incomprehensible gibberish.

The Fringe is, I believe, The Edinburgh Festival Fringe. What part of 'Edinburgh' do you fail to grasp?

30 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

In my time living on the Scottish riviera, I've witnessed a hell of a lot of Weegies, as the sun lures them from their penthouse apartments, with the promise of ice cream, sand, sea and a swally. Sophisticaction is not a word that has ever entered my thoughts whilst witnessing these specimens enjoying their sabbatical.... ?

Interlopers, clearly. 

BRITAIN will become 68% more pleasant as the Edinburgh Fringe draws in the country’s pathologically self-absorbed bastards for the next three weeks.

As the rest of the country enjoys a well-earned break, the Scottish capital will once again be awash with sixth-form poetry, half-baked political idealism and post-modern reworkings of the A-Team as a feminist statement about pubes.

Sociologist Charlie Reeves said: “The Edinburgh Fringe has become a sort of ‘gobshite kettling’, a way of temporarily containing viciously self-confident Oxbridge graduates who are nowhere near as talented as they think they are but will still end up getting 500 grand a year from the BBC.”

He added: “If only the Metropolitan Police were there to batter them all with sticks.”

Stephen Malley, an accountant from Finsbury Park, said: “It’s already a lot more pleasant around here. I’ve been to the park, done a bit of shopping, stopped for a pint and not once have I been forced to listen to a bunch of tits talking shit.”

Meanwhile Bill McKay, a 55-year-old Edinburgh resident, said: “I’ve had 40 years of arrogant teenagers rewriting Shakespeare, ‘political jugglers’ and comedians calling their show ‘Cheese Badger’.

“At my local we’ve cleared a space in the cellar so if one of them wanders in accidentally we open the hatch, chuck them down the steps and leave them to the pit bulls.”

He added: “It’s called A Million Tears for Rosalita, venue 65, £7.50 at the door, £6 concessions.”

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/edinburgh-fringe-kicks-off-annual-tosspot-migration-200908061961

27 minutes ago, pete said:

Only two things seem to give people dour faces. Drinking Gin and living in Edinburgh. People who do both must be an emotional wreck.:D

Nothing wrong with a dour face.  In fact, Calvinism demands it.  ?

• 2 weeks later...